Thursday, May 4, 2023

Double D May 2023 Fresh Picked

 

Don't you wish you could take a little taste of these fabulous berries?

Double D's Fresh Picked inspiration got my creative juices flowing!  But, instead of berries, I chose a food from the vegetable garden!



These are the inks I used to give my carrots a little depth of color by 
stamping and then adding shadows with a finger dauber.
I finally got a white gel pen to work for me for those little roots!
Kind of reminds me of those old ant farms that all of our little boys wanted, right?

OH BOY!  I sure hope they qualify - are carrots picked? or pulled?  lol

Hope your week is rolling along nicely - thanks for spending a little time with me!

=] Michele

10 comments:

HilaryJane said...

Love your swiped ink background and you have given those carrots such depth and dimension with your shading. Glad you got your gel pen to work. I always have that trouble too xx

Leslie Miller said...

I love how you did this and you even drew the roots! Yes, it does remind me of an ant farm. Hmmm... I don't know if I had my TH carrot dies yet when I made my card for this challenge. If so, I should have used them. I have always thought veggies and fruits can be as pretty as flowers. This is so clever and cute, Michele! Thanks for playing along with us at Double D!

Linda Callahan said...

Such a fun card and you always see to the details perfectly! Love the wispy white roots!

Lisa Elton said...

I like the way you planted your carrots! This is so much fun!

Brenda said...

I'd like a little taste of all those fruits in the inspiration photo Michele! LOL Love them all. Your card is so cool Michele, I am loving those carrots and the depth you gave them. A very cool card and unique to boot! Yep, I remember the ant farms well. LOL Hugs, Brenda

Diane said...

Love your fun carrots, I know it seems weird but I have been looking into carrot stamps, dies and stencils lately so that being said you have to know I really do LOVE these carrots, what a fabulous card!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Double D}
{Stencil Fun}

Jeanne said...

Fantastic! Way to grow your creativity!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I so love that Altenew veggie set. Great work on the roots and I love the background too. Those carrots look good enough to munch on!

Marcia Hill said...

Picked or pulled...doesn't matter when they look this good!! LOVE how you used your gel pen on the roots too...very clever!! Such a FUN and cool card Michele...LOVE it!! Hugs. :0)

Bonnie said...

Not only are your carrots colored perfectly and wit so much detail, but the background is awesome too! Picked or pulled, this fits the bill for me!