Saturday, May 6, 2023

Penny Black Saturday Challenge May 2023

I've had a serendipitous moment this morning - I found a home for a card that I made this week for another challenge, but sadly I hadn't read the rules quite well enough to include it - it was 'anything picked OTHER than flowers' - and didn't I just use a patterned paper with flowers?  Oy!

Moments ago, Bonnie's latest post hit my inbox and BAM!  I found a home for my card!  Congratulations, Bonnie on being Penny Black's Guest Designer for May - I'm so happy to play!


Anything goes - optional use of patterned papers!

Here she is...


'Carrot Collector' is the name of the PB Slapstick stamp c. 2015 - just one of thousands of Mo Manning designs - which was stamped in 
Copic-friendly GinaK ink ...


Copic colored...


... then over-stamped with Versafine Clair ink.


HoneyBee's patterned papers are so bright and sweet, aren't they?  Their flowers were just the ticket to brighten up my garden scene - and perfect for the challenge.  

Thanks, Bonnie, and Penny Black Saturday Challenge for providing a home for Little Miss Green Jeans!
=] Michele

Update:  Since I posted, I've heard from one of the wonderful owners of the Double D challenge Fresh Picked = it's good to go, according to Diane - thanks my friend for the invitation to play!



17 comments:

Diane said...

This is
adorable and it does qualify for our Double D Fresh Picked challenge, the floral background paper is perfectly fine as your carrots are fresh picked!! Please enter it!!

Bonnie said...

Awh! You have found the perfect home for this sweetie, my friend! So beautifully colored and placed on such a happy background! Thank you for sharing her with the Penny Black Saturday challenge.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, yes, it's adorable! I wanted to tell you I thought the flowered background was okay. I'm glad Diane invited you to play with this carrot collecting cutie. You did a fabulous job with the coloring and, of course, I do love the paper! I'm so happy you shared at Double D!

JoAnn said...

She is simply adorable and love your coloring. You found the perfect place for on her that pattern paper.

lostinpaper said...

Love me a 'Mo' design and this one is yet another cutie, but she has certainly been enhanced by your colouring!

Cat Craig said...

sO cUTE!

Bobby said...

So cute and your coloring is impeccable, Michele. So glad you found a challenge for her.

Brenda said...

What a sweet image and what a darling card Michele! I love this cutie before you over stamped her, but boy what a difference the over stamping makes! Love those bright, cheerful. summery papers, they really work well with this cutie pie. Hugs, Brenda

Barbara said...

This carrot collector is just adorable, and I love the coloring and the design papers that you show on this card. I recognized the Mo Manning digital image, and I may go over and buy it. You are an enabler. Thanks for linking your card up with the Double D Challenge this week.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Cutest carrot collector ever! Love the black over stamping that makes Miss Green Jeans POP!

HilaryJane said...

Such a gorgeous image and your colouring is just perfect. Great use of those patterned papers too xx

Papercraft Boutique said...

​Aww, the carrot collector image is so sweet and your coloring is wonderful, ​Michele! The bright background patterned paper is perfect, and I love how the green shade matches her overalls!
Hideko xx

Lisa Elton said...

You've colored this little cutie patootie to perfection! Darling card, Michele!

TK said...

What a sweetie! She's so adorable, and I'm so glad you could join in both challenges because she really needs to visit people!

Linda Callahan said...

Adorable! And the restamping with Versafine Clair makes all the difference…..totally shows off your fabulous coloring!

Darlene said...

OMG too too cute! Awesome coloring and design! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DD Co-Owner
DOUBLE D
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Helen said...

So cute - what a sweet image!
Thanks for playing at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge!
Helen x