Friday, November 18, 2022

Color Hues #53

 

As I sat on the floor looking through my Christmas supplies for a little star I came upon this cute little stamp set - from Pinkfresh* long retired from their shop.  I have a sweet friend who just loves Winter and all that entails - like snow and skiing.  Each Christmas I try to make her a card that she can relate to.  I can relate to the last skier - I never got off of the bunny hill - or the mouse hill for that matter.  I barely made it onto the tow rope... my mittens made it up to the top before me.


Before it goes in the mailbox, I'm sharing it with Color Hues #53 and Julie B's pick of scarlet and green [by way of The Stamp Market's Cherry Kisses and Concord & 9th's Parsley]

=] Michele

Pinkfresh Skiing By

11 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Such a fun card - delightful for the season! And oh yes I remember rope tow days.....and mittens freezing to the rope!

Leslie Miller said...

How cute this is! I would never think to do just an outline, but it's just perfect. Love the mountain slopes dies and the starry sky. I never did downhill, but cross country a few times. I was nuts for the innertube hill, though!

Nancy said...

This is a darling set and I love that it's just stamped and not colored. It really works so well. I wish I would have thought of something like this because sometimes you just don't feel like coloring. So creative, Michele. Thanks for being with us at Color Hues. Your friend is going to love it.

Lisa Elton said...

Oodles of fun and so darn cute!

Karen said...

Nancy stole my adjective for this card--it's darling! I love the sense of motion you created. And I can totally relate to your skiing experience. My time on the hills was very short-lived.

Jeanne said...

Such a neat card. I've never been on a pair of skis in my life. I've heard of the bunny slope. LOL I'd much rather stay where it is warm and drink hot cocoa. But these cuties look like they are having a grand time!

Cat Craig said...

What a fun card.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I just love the outline stamping... This is just so wonderful. Love it.

Julie B said...

Such a cute card for your winter fun loving friend Michele. Never had the inclination to get into winter sports, too cold and wet for my tastes! Sure this will put a smile on their face and a fab entry to my Color Hues! :)

Hannelie said...

How fun and full of movement is this lovely card!
Thanks for joining us at Color Hues Michele!

Tracey McNeely said...

Michele what a fantastic card. I have that same set and I have never considered stamping the skiiers in different colours--so much fun! Look out for a CASE but maybe not this Christmas--wink!