Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Thankful for the Inspiration!

Today, I want to thank a friend for the inspiration she gives me.  What better time to do it than on Thanksgiving Eve?

TaeEun Yoo is a teammate at The Flower Challenge and is, in my eyes, an artist. Do yourself a favor and treat yourself to a good long visit to her blog - Rainbow in November with your second piece of pie tomorrow!  In particular the work she does for The Ton which caused a little shopping for my birthday this year!  

Another Poinsettia for my growing collection... 

In shades of deep orange-y red:


I've used barely a whisper of grey ink for that first layer of three - 
mostly along the edges.  I also added a bit of shadow in grey in the background
with a stencil from The Greetery - it was easy peasy to fussy cut!


Another in a few more shades of peach-y orange:


Using the first layer last allowed me to spritz the leftover ink to
smoosh along the edges, before adding some scripty gold ink, and
embossing it with that 'subtle texture' from SU!


Last one - in shades of salmon pink:


By now you may have noticed that I treated myself to that 
fabulous stamp once/cut once Easy Expressions - Holidays set from The Ton, too.

Thanks, TaeEun for sharing my dream of being neighbors!  It's fun to dream!

I'm thankful to all of you for stopping in today!  If you're traveling be careful, and safe!   I have another inspired card tomorrow!
=]

17 comments:

LeAnne said...

Ahhh, so pretty! Unusual poinsettia colors but nowadays, they come in any color! And these are GORGEOUS colors for sure. I wouldn't be able to pick a favorite! I will have to check out her art work too!

Fabiola said...

Elle est splendide!

Bobby said...

They are all so pretty, Michele. Do you love real poinsettias as well?

lostinpaper said...

Perfect showcase of these beauties my friend... and do I see a smooshed panel, that would have been easier than trying to blend on foam squares (wink) AND I'd love to know what those Stamp Market inks are like? Loving the colours!

Marcia Hill said...

All 3 are absolutely GORGEOUS Michele, but the 1st one is my favorite with those amazing bold hues...I'm still trying to pick my jaw up off the floor!! A beautiful tribute to TaeEun!!! Hugs. 😊🧡🧡🧡

Linda Callahan said...

You are a good shopper and a fabulous artist! Always inspired by my visits here! Now to check out your friend and new-to-me designer!

Jeanne said...

Wow, wow, wow! I do follow her blog and agree she is an artist. I would say you are also an artist and people should study your blog in the same way. Thank you for creating and sharing what you create. You make the world a bit brighter and more beautiful! Hugs!

Cat Craig said...

wowza, those are some gorgeous poinsettias.

Lisa Elton said...

MAGNIFICENT!!

HilaryJane said...

I am loving all those subtly different colours just amazing. Thanks for the showcase and happy Thanksgiving to you xx

TK said...

Absolutely gorgeous -- all three, I say!

Bonnie said...

Oh, my. What a beautiful assortment of poinsettias, Michele! Such pretty colors! Wow!

Brenda said...

Oh my, these poinsettia cards are gorgeous in this color combo Michele! They are blooming right off the cards! I love them all, so pretty, so Christmassy! Hugs, Brenda

Vikki H said...

In love with all! Such pretty poinsettias!

Leslie Miller said...

Hello, Michele! I'm a little slow after Thanksgiving and all the prep, but glad to be here now to catch up and see these drop dead gorgeous cards! Another beautiful poinsettia for your collection. It's a stunner and your cards do it justice. The background on your second card is as beautiful as the flower. I love all the colors! TaeEun Yoo is indeed an artist, and so are you!

Papercraft Boutique said...

These three poinsettia cards are gorgeous, Michle! Love the design variations - both the poinsettias and the backgrounds!
Hideko xx

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

TaeEun's work always makes me swoon. You are quite the artist yourself, my friend. These are all jaw droppers, but the first one has my heart. I love the bold colors and that lovely subtle background. That is one gorgeous poinsettia, though you make them all ready for the red carpet. Fabulous designs and colors.