Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Playing Cards with Friends - a Gal-entine!

I'm back with the February edition of Playing Cards with Friends, and I'm so glad you've stopped by!  

Elizabeth Stewart of Paper Sweetness is a long-time blogging friend since back in the Muse days, right Elizabeth?  She has a wonderful card-making design style, can see inspiration in a challenge photo so beautifully, and is one of the newest members of the JUGS [Just us Girls] design team - yay!

February is known for Valentine giving and receiving - so I couldn't help celebrating our gal pals, too!  Here is our assignment:

  • Make a Gal-entine for a friend
  • NO red, or pink
  • Die cuts are approved, and stamping is, too!
Not too tough, right?  well... here is [my second attempt] for Elizabeth:


Seconds? If you haven't guessed, silly me used pink on the first attempt!
Isn't this SSS Floral Field embossing folder a stunner inked in C&9th Parsley ink?
This is such an easy technique - just ink up the raised side of the folder with the ink pad add paper and run it through your die-cut machine.   


My gal-entine message began with the Inline Alphas from Altenew that I cut from C&9th Parsley cardstock and hyphenated with an Altenew enamel heart.  

The die-cut circle is one from Pinkfresh Studio's Essential Mini Slimline set. 

An ages old set from SSS is where I managed to find the 'entine' with a simple snip of my scissors - Hey there was found there, too, along with the sweet little coordinating quote die to cut it out.

Elizabeth, it has been such fun playing cards and creating a gal-entine just for you!  I can't wait another moment to tell you how much I love your card!  Though it was torture not opening it before today - here I come, ready or not!  I hope all my other gal-entines will stop by, too!  

=] Michele

22 comments:

ElizStewart said...

Michele... so love the galentine you made me! The color (of the Irish) is one of my favorites. The embossing is amazing. I even bought a brayer to do this technique so you know I love it! You were as creative as I was on your sentiment... I used three sets as well! You crack me up having figured out there is 19 hours of driving time between us. I knew we weren't close... but maybe someday! I so love your card and the invitation to come play with you. Anytime my friend.

ElizStewart said...

Michele... I looked at this embossing folder recently (I had to buy a couple 3D folders to play with...you know how it is). I was wondering if you bray the opposite side in yellow so the petals would be colored, and colored in or glittered the centers, then you could make a "he loves me, he loves me not" card which could be cute. Thanks again for the wonderful card!

R's Rue said...

This is just the sweetest card. I love it.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Mac Mable said...

The parsley ink looks fabulous with that stunning and pretty embossing folder Michele x. What a fun time you had 'creating' the sentiments and I hope no stamps where hurt in the snipping of them ... LOL x.

Bobby said...

I love that technique and I'm also loving that folder, Michele. It's going on my wish list. So clever how you did the sentiment.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Well, this is just another amazing make, my friend. That color is fantastic and I just love the design and sentiment. I actually have that folder. I am going to try this. Thank you very much!

Bonnie said...

WOW! I LOVE this embossing folder and the green is so bright and happy!

Maureen Morton said...

This is such a refreshing card.....I can almost smell freshly mowed lawn for some reason. Love the font combo and the 3D punch!

LeAnne said...

Wowza! That embossing folder is fabulous! What an amazing background with which to create that beautiful card for Elizabeth...she is such a sweetie, too! Love the fonts in your sentiment collection as well...you have the BEST stuff!

conil said...

Holy Cow! This looks A-MAZ-ING in green...especially that green. What dimension your card has and the clever sentiment assembly is just outstanding.

Marcia Hill said...

Hey, I have that embossing folder, and have NEVER used it...how sad is that?! Your "gal-entine" card is fabulous Michele and I hopped over to look at Elizabeths too...you both rocked this challenge!! Hugs. :0)

HilaryJane said...

Well, you just know I have fallen for this the moment I saw it. 2 reasons, first it is green and 2nd it has daisies on it. My 2 favourite things. Brilliant, I will go and check out Elizabeths card now xx

Linda Callahan said...

Well Galentine that is one fabulous background you created! Love this - now off to check out your partner's card!

Brenda said...

Oh Michele, I would have messed up and used pink too. lol I think it is just ingrained into our minds. lol I am totally in love with this card!!!! Totally in love with that embossing folder! I love green, so loving that this galentine is green, it looks so pretty. That circle die is very cool and I love your sentiment in and on it. Cute little speech bubble too. Ya done good kid! Hugs, Brenda

Lisa Elton said...

How fabulous are those flowers and I like the way you created the sentiment with all of those bits! I've never inked an embossing folder, you have me intrigued!

TK said...

Amazing! Green flowers, no less! This is so fun and love the off-beat color too

Jeanne said...

Oh goodness! What a stunner, Michele! That embossing folder looks fabulous with that gorgeous green ink! Fantastic card, my friend!

Stef Perry said...

Wow, Michele, what a stunning embossed daisy background, that green is scrumptious! And I love your creative sentiment, it totally makes this card! Now off to see what Elizabeth came up with.

lostinpaper said...

Looks like you had a LOT of fun with this one Michele, great way to create your sentiment too!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Sounds like you had another fun playdate with your friend, Michele! Your Gal-entine's card is so refreshing! Love the combination of white and green! Great job of assembling the sentiment, using the enamel heart-hyphen and the snipped ENTINE! I'm off to Elizabeth's website. :-)
Hideko xx

JanR said...

Gorgeous! I love everything about this!!

Karren said...

You are too clever! This is gorgeous!