Saturday, February 12, 2022

Craft Roulette with Therese!

Hello, my friends!  Hope you don't mind my interrupting your Olympic games!

There is a live crafty game show called Crafty Roulette on every Friday night at 7:30 EST and last night my friend Therese of Lost in Paper was a contestant!!  You can watch it all here!  You can even play along, and chat with all Mary's 'chatter boxes!'  

The parameters are set by using a crafty roulette wheel, manned by Mary Gunn - the show's host with the most!  Mary is so fun and seems to calm the nerves of her contestants.  I was nervous just watching that wheel spin!

After a few vetoes, here were the parameters the craft wheel spun for Therese and Mary to use on their cards:  

PROJECT – 4 1/4 square
COLORS – Pink + 1 and 3 pops of red
ELEMENT – Robot(s)
RANDOM – Ticket(s)

I'm not at all surprised that Therese came through it like the pro she is!  I attempted to play along live - but crafting after dark, and a little mishap with glossy accents [my red dots turned orange!]  I set a timer for myself and Take 2 was created...


and then came this idea during the night...

Poor kitty!  Her friend doesn't seem to be terribly upset about it!!

  • I used Pink + Orange patterned paper from my stash, and a little orange tabby + 3 red paw prints on the front of my 4.25" card.
  • My robot came in the form of a roomba vacuum sweeper
  • Last but least my sentiment was created and made to look like a ticket!
It was a wonderful time, Mary and Therese!  I do hope you get the 120 entries you're hoping for!

How about you, my friends??  Ready to take on this fun challenge??
=] Michele

19 comments:

HilaryJane said...

What an inventive card with those parameter. Don't think I would have succeeded with that challenge as I can't think of a single thing in my stash that could be a robot! Love the little extra round the back. I shall try and watch the video too, so thanks for the link xx

lostinpaper said...

You just lifted it to a whole nother level with that little kitty around the corner my friend. Absolutely brilliant Michele!!

Lisa Elton said...

Nailed it! That has to be one of your custom sentiments too and it's perfect! Adorable card!

Anonymous said...

Marisela Delgado said: Ooo, la-la, Michele! What a fabulous card. I am loving the wrap around. ☺ Girl, I saw the picture of the lighthouse encased in ice. Nope, not for me. haha haha You can come thaw out with us. We were 75*F yesterday. Invitation stands. haha haha ☺☺☺ Marisela ☺ mariandmonsterd@yahoo.com

Mac Mable said...

What a fun time you had and how creative are you to use a robot sweeper x. Fabulous design, love the paw prints, the rug and the adorable little kitty on the back x. Take 2 is fun and fabulous Michele x.

Ros Crawford said...

Sorry I've been missing Michele... Life hasn't been too kind lately but I cheered up seeing your creations especially this one with my Ginger cat! You gave me a much needed smile...Thank you

Jeanne said...

You did an outstanding job on this card. It's so cute and clever. I really like your late night idea and addition. I would have frozen, but you take ideas and runnnnnnn with them!

Bonnie said...

You are so clever my friend. I got stumped from robot on but you created an adorable card! Taking the design around to the back added even more creative fun! Love these kitties!

conil said...

Watched the YT on replay but it made me nervous...but I saw you as a participant. Not sure I have the stones to play myself. You sure pulled it off though and with such a clever, fun, colorful card. Love the wrap around effect, although I do feel sorry for the other kitty.

JulieP said...

Fun, fun card Michele! I’m definitely going to watch this to see what it’s about. Thanks!

nancy littrell said...

Your card turned out so cute and clever, Michele. Gosh, you even had the perfect Robot...:-) I will pass on this challenge, but will have fun seeing what you create whenever you do play:-) TFS Love and Hugs..Nancy

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, how cute! I wouldn't have been able to come up with a robot, but those kitties are darling! You're a great cheerleader, Michele. Therese was a pro!

Linda Callahan said...

This is so clever and an adorable creation! Love that kitty on the roomba! I will have to check out that game!

TK said...

Fun card, I love the details you put into this card! As for the challenge, it sounds awesome but alas too early for us west coast workers...

Papercraft Boutique said...

What a fun surprise when you look at the bac of the card! This is so adorable and clever, Michele! I love the rug with paw prints and the color matching background pattern! Roomba is one of the items on my household wish list!
Hideko xx

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This is genius. The Roomba for your robot is just brilliant. I thought kitty was curling! I checked out the show a bit... made me laugh. I am hanging with a crafty buddy at the beach house this weekend - we'll have to watch. I just love this card and the wrap around is fantastic.

Bobby said...

So fabulous, Michele. Amazing what comes to mind during the night or in the early hours. I can't wait to watch the game when I have better internet service.

Stef Perry said...

Well done, Michele! I wish I could have stayed to see Therese work her magic live. Your card is the cat's meow (haha, couldn't help my) especially with the paw prints leading around the corner to another kitty!

Karen Dunbrook said...

too cute
xx Karen