Friday, November 3, 2017

STAMPlorations November CAS challenge



There are so many cards that enter my inbox, and lodge themselves in my head ... Shirley B. recently made this card ...  and I just HAD to try it for myself.  It's Shirley's take on letterpress look... and I think it's fabulous!  Then this little number landed here from the one and only Just Me...c  who mentioned the challenge!  It was serendipitous!

Here's my take, I've added a little bough-bearing-bird [Shirley's bird, of course!] and used a very Christmas-y die:

I'm sending it over to the gang at Stamplorations for their CAS 'add brown' challenge... I've gotten the brown down... hope it's CAS enough!

=]  Michele

Supplies:  That little bough is the Circles Banner from Lil' Inkers!  MFT Happy Wonderful Christmas 2016; Mama Elephant Peek a Frame dies. 

15 comments:

lostinpaper said...

Brown tick, cute tick, funky tick.... love it tick!

LeAnne said...

SUPER fun card, I love that letterpress look! So easy...might have to try this myself! You are such a trend-setter!

cm said...

Cold snowy night, waiting for my hubby to come home, and perfect opportunity to do some much needed gallery-strolling through your always inspiring blog! Your card is a) beautifully brown, b) wonderfully CAS, d) letterpress lovely and c) absolutely sensational! Love this, even though I have bird terror *grin*! So thrilled you've shared your incredible talents at STAMPlorations! Yayyyyy!
Hugs and love~c

shirley-bee said...

Love your Christmas version, Michele! And the little bird looks very happy to be perched on the garland. Glad to have inspired you 😘

Jeanne said...

Happy to see others who inspire you, much like you inspire others, Michele. Your card is terrific. I like the letterpress look and the sweet little bird on the garland. Looks like it fits the bill to me. Hugs!

Cat Craig said...

wonderful take on the challenge Michele. So stylish.

Bobby said...

Your faux letterpress is inspiring me to try it just like Shirley inspired you, Michele. Of course I'd have to line up letters individually since I don't have that die or any like it. Hmmmm, Maybe I won't do it but I love yours enough to think about CASEing it.

Barb Ghig said...

Darling bird, Michele! I love how you colored him and how you placed him on the banner! I also love your faux letterpress sentiment...a perfectly CAS Christmas card!

TK said...

Adorable! And a brown Christmas card? Smart cookie you are!

Kristie Goulet said...

Oh yes! This is wonderful!! My kind of card! xoxo

barbara macaskill said...

I think adorable says it all! TFS!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

This just makes me smile - super cute that little Shirley bird!!!

Lisa Elton said...

That pop of red is perfect with the crafty brown! Cute card Michele!

Sharron said...

Adorable!! The wonderful brown looks like a card make of milk chocolate. And I love that sweet little bird!

Anita in France said...

Stylish and scrumptious, Michele ... with a touch of playfulness on the side ... fun and cute! Hugs, Anita :)