Friday, November 10, 2017

Playing Cards! TCC and FMS

Two of my favorite challenges seemed to play really well together in my craft room today!  This photo from The Card Concept's challenge 81 provided the inspiration:


Cecile's Sketch #312 at Freshly Made Sketches gave me a beautiful platform for it!


Using a personal rendition of Cecile's Sketch, and inspired by the gorgeous little personal pots of Poinsettia, here's my 'Classic Layered' card:


Thanks for letting me invade your space twice today!  xx

=]  Michele

E.H. Mondo Poinsettia; Lil' Inkers wood grain background die; Stamplorations Bees Knees sentiment from the Layered Holly set; Distress Oxides for water coloring.

19 comments:

cm said...

An eye-catching poinsettia; certainly the star of the stage! The whispers of gold...ohhhhh!
Hugs~c

Nora Noll said...

Simply STUNNING!!! (as usual)

Lisa Elton said...

Well this is just about as pretty as it gets! Love those big fancy poinsettias!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Gorgeous, I had the same idea..!!!! I just havent finished it...!! HUGS

TK said...

Positively beautiful! Gorgeous reds and gold, what's not to love here?!?!

TaeEun said...

Fabulous take of the two challenges! Love the bold poinsettias and the background die does a great job again :)!

Linda said...

Perfect for that inspiration pic Michele.

Cat Craig said...

Wow, fabulous for sure!

Karren said...

What a wonderful card combining both challenges! Those poinsettia are just so beautiful!

Jeanne said...

Beautiful work, Michele. What a delightful pointsettia.

Bobby said...

What is that gold cardstock you've been using on your cards lately, Michele? It works beautifully with everything you've done, including these gorgeous mondo poinsettia.

My Paper Epiphany said...

Stunning! I think I need anew Poinsettia stamp - I just can't decide which one I like best!

Majorelle said...

Your poinsettia card is gorgeous!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

A stunner!

Anita in France said...

Rich and festive and lovely, Michele ... the touches of gold are gorgeous! Hugs, Anita :)

LeAnne said...

Dang....so pretty, and you have me wanted that stitched background as well as those stunning poinsettias!

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous Poinsettia's, Michele! I love how you added texture to the flower centers and leaves, and your stitched background is the perfect touch! Great job combining the inspiration photo and sketch, too...well done, my friend!

Susan Powell said...

This turned out beautifully! Thanks so much for joining us at The Card Concept

Sharron said...

Stunning--perfect size! Love your eye-catching design!