Thursday, November 16, 2017

CAS[E] this Sketch #248

Chrissy Larson has 20/20 vision for Sketch design, don't you think... let me show you what she's gifted us for the next TWO weeks!  Yes, it is a two week long challenge so we can gather together with our families to give thanks!


I have another little new-to-me Penny Black stamp ... she wanted to play cards with us today:




Please don't even start to give me credit for my water coloring, I must tell you that the Penny Black folks give us very beautiful graphics on their packaging - I simply followed their lead, the best I could.  I started with Zigs, came in with a bit of Fossilized Amber Oxide ink for the bauble, with a splash of Gansai Tambi gold mixed in.  Finished her off with a sprinkling of Stickles! 

Voila!  Another Christmas card done:  check!

It's time I invite you to the CAS[E] this Sketch blog -   BUT I really want to say how grateful I am for all of you that visit, comment - making this journey with me... thank you - I wouldn't, couldn't do it without your support! 

Happy Thanksgiving to you!

=]  Michele

Penny Black:  "Angel Swing"
Wplus9 4 Bar Stitched Rectangles for the panel cuts
Pale Rose Bazzill card stock from E.H.

22 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Yeoow......tough sketch and you made it shine! This is fabulous! And oh that cherub is delightful!

Dotty Jo said...

Such a sweet card! Jo x

cm said...

WOW! And yes, I will give you credit for breathing life into this precious image! Gorgeous!
Hugs~c

I Card Everyone said...

this is a test ... for some reason, I am NOT receiving your kind comments through my email!
Thank you, my friends!

donna mikasa said...

So happy this cherub decided to play cards with you! LOVE your coloring and fantastic sketch design!

Barb Ghig said...

Well, I AM giving you credit for coloring these images, because they look amazing, Michele! I love your color palette and your fabulous take on the sketch...Darling card!

Happy Dance said...

Yeah...Blogger is not playing nice by me either... But your card! Oh goodness! What a sweet little cutie. Your coloring of the ornament and the sweet cherub is wonderful. Love your take on this sketch, too. Great Christmas card! Love it! Bev

Lisa Elton said...

Sigh...I adore this precious card Michele!! That is such a sweet image and I love the way you've colored it. Bravo my friend, this is spectacular!!

Sharron said...

Aw, what a sweetie! She is so adorable and your coloring is amazing! Wonderful inset of that gorgeous paper shows her off even better!

TaeEun said...

Your coloring is wonderful, Michele! As always when you play with watercolor :)! What an awesome take of the sketch!

Donna said...

So cute... and exactly what I do, too!
(Copying the designs already provided, I mean). x
Great job.

Cat Craig said...

Another example of why I love to see your take on a sketch! Darling.

Birgit said...

I am giving credit where credit is due, your coloring is fabulous Michele! Your card is as sweet as can be!

Jeanne said...

It takes some effort and a good eye to be able to do what you did on that sweet angel. It looks fantastic!! Your card is wonderful. I always admire your creative eye and vision for cards!

Bobby said...

I'm glad I got a sneak peek and a chance to stamp this darling angel. I didn't understand the design until now.

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

That's an adorable card !

Leigh Penner said...

Super cute take on the sketch, Michele!

lostinpaper said...

Penny Black may have given you the 'lead' but you did the colouring my friend and it's AmAzinG!

ElizStewart said...

OMG... so love this stamp and card...truly made me smile!

Anita in France said...

You may have had the packaging as a guide for the colouring, Michele, but this little darling is all your own! She's adorable with those touches of shimmery gold and her glittery wings ... and of course, tu sais que j'adore ce sentiment! Calins, Anita :)

Nora Noll said...

How clever is this card? So, so cute!!

Jenni's Jems said...

Wow this is one tough sketch.. but oh my you have excelled yourself my friend it is just adorable!!!!x