Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Guest Designer - Color Throwdown #466

Hi my friends!  This is my final post as the Guest Designer for Color Throwdown for October - such a bittersweet post, but the most wonderful inspiration.  Lisa Henke has done it beautifully in eggplant, olive, and rust:


I've never been shy about mentioning my favorite dies.  Lawn Fawn's Stitched Leaves - in both sizes - immediately came into my hands ... hope you NEVER get tired of me using them!

Enter Fall - don't I wish that my trees dropped purple leaves?

The stage was set from a little package full of the most beautiful
wood-grain papers  from my friend Cat Craig.  

The other reason I love these dies is the fact that you can quickly get a forest's worth of leaves with all of those little snippets of gorgeous papers none of us can let go of!

Thanks,  Broni, for inviting me to play cards with you fabulous girls at The Color Throwdown- it was such an honor!

I'll be hopping down the dream-team list - I do hope you'll join me in thanking them for inspiring all of us each week!
 
Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Barbara Anders
Broni Holcombe
Jodi Collins
Lisa Henke our hostess this week!
Lori Tecler
Lynn Put
Vickie Zimmer
Wanda Cullen

Thanks also, to each and every one of you who has stopped by to visit this month, and for leaving all that love I appreciate more than you could ever know!

=]  Michele

15 comments:

Lynn said...

Absolutely gorgeous Michele. Love, love, love that color palette.

lostinpaper said...

I agree, what a great way to use up some of those hoarded bits of paper, loving your fab design Michele!

Lisa H. said...

gorgeous! those falling leaves are sooooo great.

Jeanne said...

Spectacular array of beautiful leaves falling down. Wow, Michele!! That background paper as well is perfection. With the thanks you've got such a winner of a card. Thank you SO much for all the beauty you share with us! Hugs!

TaeEun said...

The woodgrain backdrop is perfect for your gorgeous leaves, Michele! Love the purple ones :)!!!

Bobby said...

So gorgeously fantastic, Michele. Real purple leaves would be fantastic but hooray for artistic license to use them on a card. That woodgrain paper is wonderful and a perfect choice for a background. I'm loving those leaves more and more. I may have to get my own set. ;)

Barb Ghig said...

You really know how to 'Throwdown' with the best of them, Michele! I LOVE how you played with these gorgeous fall colors and cascading stitched leaves! Cat really hooked you up with that beautiful slice of wood-grain paper, too...it's just so perfect on this card! Ah yes, I would also love to see some purple leaves falling into my background...what a treat that would be :)

You've done an amazing job as Guest Designer for CTD this month, my friend...I know you had fun, and I'm sure the team was thrilled to have you, as well :)

Cat Craig said...

You throwdown with best of them Michele. Its been such a pleasure to see your creations in color this month. Your leaves are particularly beautiful.

Nora Noll said...

Man oh man!! I adore this card!! Your wood background is perfecta and I LOVE the pile of leaves!!!

Lisa Elton said...

Ahhhh!! The woodgrain and your pretty little colorful leaves cascading down your card are beautiful. You've been an awesome guest designer Michele!!

TK said...

Such an awesome card, made with perfect dies... you've done this card "plum" right!

Anita in France said...

You don't have purple leaves, Michele? Tee hee, me neither ... though if they looked like these beauties (including those in rust and avocado) I'd be delighted to have them. Such a gorgeous cascade of lovely leaves against the woodgrain background ... just perfect! Hugs, Anita :)

Broni said...

I adore your gorgeous scattered leaves!! And I've SO enjoyed having you as our Guest Designer this month. Thank you so very, very much!! You rock!

Sharron said...

Woodgrain and those fabulous leaves, so perfect for fall! OH, and I agree, wouldn't purple leaves be a treat!!

cm said...

Lovely cascading leaves; the navy in the mix especially catches my eye! I also spot a maple leaf, which makes my Canadian heart flutter with joy, and an oak, which reminds me of deeply-missed dad. The oak he planted in our yard continues to stand sturdy...and yes, I have a chat with it whenever I visit...
Hugs~c