Thursday, October 26, 2017

CAS[E] this RETRO Sketch!! #245

It is RETRO week again - we sure hope you're enjoying these little back-to-the-future Sketches ... I know I surely am! 

Take a peek at Donna Mikasa's Sketch #88 from August of 2014!!  If you'd like to see Donna's original card, find it here.


I saw circles, and immediately thought about how I could represent them in a different fashion... here's what I came up with - hope thistle make you smile!


I simple made a mask with a scrap piece of lightweight cardstock, cut my circles with three varying sizes of dies, and stamped within the circles with my Thistle stamps ... that last little circle made the perfect place for my sentiment!

Now, let's go see where Donna took us, after three years, with CTS #245 shall we? 

OH and thanks for the visit ... always makes me...

=]  Michele

Supplies:  Essentials by Ellen:  Thistle, SSS Lavender, and Basil Fresh Ink from Impress.  Circles:  MFT Pierced Circles.

19 comments:

Hussena said...

Omg!! This is just stunning Michelle what an absolutely fabulous take on the sketch ❤

Barb Ghig said...

Fabulous take on Donna's sketch, Michele! Your thistles are perfect for the circles and your color palette is gorgeous! I think 'thistle' definitely brighten someone's day...beautiful card, my friend!

TK said...

Gorgeous, Michele! I love that you not only stamped inside the circle masks, but also added the circular texture! Beautiful colors, beautiful card!

Linda Langes said...

Love the thistles and the subtle circular details.

Donna said...

Such a pretty thistle stamp... and you already know I'm a fan of circles dotted around like this!
Great job. X

Lynn said...

I'm going to have to pop over and get that stamp set! My mum is from Scotland...and so she loves the thistle! Fabulous card!

Aileen said...

Beautiful card Michele, love the soft purple/lilac thistle flowers just wonderful. Asalways

Leigh Penner said...

Wonderful take on the sketch! And I love your pun even more ("thistle make you smile" -- it totally did!)

Bobby said...

What do I love more - the pun or the thistle? Their color is soft and beautiful within those pierced circles, Michele.

Nora Noll said...

I adore that thistle stamps!! This is a beauty!!

Lisa Elton said...

I remember you saying once that you wanted a thistle stamp!! Looks like your got it and I LIKE they way you've used it!! This is pretty Michele!

Cat Craig said...

I love that thistle stamp Michle, and you have shown it off beautifully.

Jeanne said...

Such a pretty card, Michele. Loved the pun, too! Yep, made me smile. The colors on this card are so soft and pretty. I like the circles and how you placed them to draw your eye around the card. Wonderful work!

Pam Sparks said...

WOW! This looks like something you'd find in a specialty stationery shop on the Plaza in KC Michele!!! Gorgeous! I love it!

Karren said...

This is so beautiful! I love that thistle!

Jeanne J. said...

This is gorgeous Michele! I love the soft colors and the embossed circles!

Sharron said...

So pretty and very classy! So wonderful for note cards and of course, perfect for your create sentiment!

Anita in France said...

Simply gorgeous, Michele ... you've made that thistle shine here ... such loveliness against all the crisp white (I also love it against vellum as I'm looking at it IRL at this moment!). Hugs, Anita :)

cm said...

Gorgeous thistle, Michele, and placing them inside the circles, simply adds to the WOW factor! I'm reminded of long-ago days at my grandparents' farm, where we would walk through fields to gather the cows. Grandpa would point out this plant, and that, and another - and yes, thistles were in the mix, some yellow, others purple. Thank you for sparking treasured memories...
Hugs~c