Monday, November 9, 2015

The Challenge #50 - A Colour Challenge

I don't think anyone will be unhappy about the color combination for this week's Challenge ... take looky-loo at this beauty:

Ohhhh!  You can't know how much I want that pillow!  This goes right beside my obsession with linens.  A card based on its beauty will have to do:

A snippet of patterned kraft, just the right bit of red in the right spot on the perfect [hand made] Poinsettia! Peace is cut from the most wonderful silver foiled cardstock from 2014 - I sure hope they [Recollections] have repeated it this year.
 
I'm also hoping that you'll be inspired by our colour palette this week - see you in the gallery!  We're happy to have Joanne James is guesting this week - yay!
 
=]  Michele



19 comments:

~amy~ said...

perfect pop of red!

Tracey McNeely said...

Very pretty card love the white poinsettia!

Becca Cruger said...

Geeee-orgeous! Such a lovely way to say Happy Christmas!

Leigh Penner said...

Gorgeous! I want that pillow, too...

Daniela Dobson said...

Wow.Gorgeous!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my goodness this is pretty!! And I'm with you on the pillow...gorgeous!!!

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Ohhhh, how beautiful it is!!! The big poinsettia is just gorgeous on that kraft card stock!

Cat Craig said...

This is so fresh and beautiful.

Nora Noll said...

This is so pretty!!

Barb Ghig said...

Hand made Poinsettia? Oh my goodness, Michele...it's gorgeous! I love the pop of red and the silver foil that you chose for your sentiment! Another absolutely stunning card!!!

Lindsey said...

You are absolutely blowing me away with your Christmas cards....love this one, too!

Diane Jaquay said...

Your beautiful poinsettia looks awesome against the kraft script background, lovely card!!

TK said...

Gorgeous! Your use of just the exact/right amount of each color is just amazing!!! Love...

Kristie Goulet said...

I just LOVE this one, Michele! (I say that about all your cards and mean every single word!) This is one of my fave color combos for Christmas cards. xoxo

Lesley said...

Stunning card, Michele! Love the scripty background!! I want those pillows on my couch!!!

Petra Swart said...

That lovely cushion would go perfectly in my lounge with my burlap curtains!!! And what a great card you have made using it as inspiration!!!! What a stunning poinsettia that is and the red centre is just the perfect little splash of bright colour on your card!!! The script bg and the die-cut sentiment is beautiful!!! A lovely creation, Michele!!!!
Hugz

Miriam Prantner said...

This is just such a beautiful, sweet, still card, love the bit of red that you added!

cm said...

Beautiful pillow; beautiful card! Wouldn't one of each make for an amazing gift for a special someone? Love this!
Hugs~c

Geri said...

...me again! I have just spent the most enjoyable 1/2 hour ever scrolling through all your AMAZING creations! I am in awe of a) your incredibly creative ideas and b) how you turn those ideas into paper art! The 'wonderful foil' Peace is sooooo cool!