Thursday, November 12, 2015

CAS[E] this Sketch #149 with Second [and third] Helpings!

I really hope this is okay with you, but I could not stop playing with the sketch this week ... take a look:


At first glance, it appears Chrissy is looking for a 'one-layered' card, right?  Is it even possible to imagine me making a OLC?  Don't go there ...  go here to see the fabulous Dawn from Wplus9's design, and video to see my inspiration for:

Attempt one:


I almost made it, right?  Except that cute little pinecone did not want to accept color, so I stamped it again in brushed corduroy... there goes that one layer card.

Attempt two:


This one was going really well and then I discovered the panel was a bit small, and OH look it really looks wonderful with the new MFT Green Eyed Monster cardstock I just received ... another OLC down the tubes.

Attempt three doesn't even come close to a one layered card ... not even in the same neighborhood. 


But you know what?  I decided I loved them all ... there are no mistakes when it comes to creating.  [And I was able to incorporate my new wonky layer technique!  Me!  layers!]

Thanks, Chrissy for the beautiful sketch, and for helping me add to my stash of cards this week!

Thanks to all of you who've stopped by today ... hope you find a bit of time to play cards with us this week at CAS[E] this Sketch!!

=]  Michele

Supplies:
    Wplus9 Holiday Boughs, Doodle Buds, Christmas Greetings
    Distress inks:  Pine Needles, Brushed corduroy, and Iced spruce.
   






22 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Wow, you knocked this one out of the park, Michele! These are all stunning!

donna mikasa said...

Oh my! You had me at Green Eyed Monster! Love them all, Michele, and how you were inspired by Dawn's work!

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous makes, and I love your colour combo, Jo x

Cat Craig said...

These are all beautiful Michele. I can't pick a favorite.

Marybeth said...

Wow, why would you ask for forgiveness, you silly girl! So much beauty on these cards Michele!

TK said...

I love the beautiful colors that you chose!!! I love the tan/gold and teal together, not to mentioned the cute elements. And Hey! I love them all too...

lostinpaper said...

These are fantabulous Michele! LOVE the subtle backgrounds!

Barb Ghig said...

Not one, not two, but three absolutely GORGEOUS cards, Michele! I love your water coloring and I think all the layers are amazing! Loving your splatters, too! As always, you've done an amazing job on the sketch, my friend!

Nora Noll said...

Three cards? I like that you didn't give up!! I would have just done one and stuck with the first no matter how much I wanted to do a one layer card. LOVE all the pretty colors you used and the watercolor background. Beautiful design!

Tenia Nelson said...

LOVE!!!!!!!!

~amy~ said...

gorgeous...such a pretty color palette!

Susanne Vargas said...

All three are beautiful and I am glad you shared them even though they are not OLCs like you envisioned them!

Lisa Elton said...

Holy smokes Michele, these are gorgeous!! Love them all but I think the first one is my fave, such pretty colors!!

Sharron said...

Gorgeous--every one! Love the colors. And your wonky layers look great!!

Rosemary said...

really lovely set of cards!

Susi said...

Each one of these is so lovely, Michele.

Kara said...

these are so pretty...great colors!

Unknown said...

These are gorgeous, and so happy to see there are other ppl in the world who struggle with the concept of keeping to one layer!

Anita in France said...

Much more than ok with me, Michele ... three of your gorgeous cards in one post ... with lovely layers and a wonderful colour palette ... who wouldn't be over the moon delighted seeing this stunning trio ... not me, I'm in heaven! Hugs, Anita :)

SonjaK said...

Wow, those cards are really beautiful - no matter if they are one layer or not!

Lindsey said...

Love this sketch and all three of your cards!!

cm said...

Impressive, each one! Why go with one layer when magic happens with more, as you've clearly shown here! Gorgeous x three!
Hugs~c