Monday, October 26, 2015

Second Helpings for Freshly Made Sketches #209 - and one for Muse ChristmasVisions!

I had another little chance to create a second FMS209 card using this sketch from Jennifer:


A shaker, at that!
 
 
I used another of those gorgeous acetate journaling cards, a die-cut tree window - lined again with vellum, and a gold-embossed JOY [a little one left from the stash I received from Jacquie last year!!!].
 
Here is another shot which might show the window ... by my window!!
 
 
This shaker card inspired another much easier version for Muse Christmas Visions #25 - okay ... it is a stretch to compare mine with this beauty from Betty:
 
 
 
But this time, I found a much easier method for the shaker - I poured a few of the beads into a clear plastic sleeve, stapled it shut and adhered it to the back of my die cut word ... it may just be easier to show you:
 
Inspired by Betty's word, her holly, and the clapper from the bells!
 
 
Both cards brought me joy!  Your visits bring me joy daily!
 
=]  Michele
 


23 comments:

Ardyth said...

Beautiful, classic, elegant and wonderful! And shake-y to boot! Love these! Thanks for joining us at MCV this week, Michele!

Barb Ghig said...

You have been a busy girl, my friend! I love both of your shaker cards! So elegant and festive, and just plain gorgeous!!!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh good grief, could these be any more FABULOUS!!! Love that polka dotty tree too!!

Anita in France said...

There you go with one of my fave words again, Michele ... can I just say ... Oh JOY! Your shakers are both spectacular ... and simply splendid! Hugs, Anita :)

Nora Noll said...

Love, love, love!! These shaker cards are so clever!! I think the second one is my favorite, though!!

Kara said...

What a cool card! That tree is awesome!

TK said...

Beautiful! I just adore all three!!!

Betty Wright said...

I love both of these shakers! Fantastic designs! Wonderful Christmas card! Thanks for playing along at Muse Christmas Vision!

Amy O said...

These are so fun! I love how clean they are, and I love how you used little beads in them. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Jen Timko said...

What wonderful projects! And that shaker is really amazing! Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Leigh Penner said...

These are all fabulous!

Jenni's Jems said...

Simply fabulous and elegant ,brilliant take on the challenges and a sure fire winner Michele love love that muse card!!!x

Kristie Goulet said...

These are both just awesomesauce!!!! LOVE!!!

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Stunning cards, Michele! The second one stole my heart :)

Sharron said...

Both are wonderful but I am in LOVE with your tree card. Adore the polka dots and the fabulous way you did the sentiment!

Cat Craig said...

These are fabulous Michele, so cheery and bright.

Bobby said...

Look at you - making shaker cards. They are fabulous, Michele. A clear plastic sleeve sounds like an easy way to go but the acetate journaling card is fantastic. I'm still trying to figure out how to use mine since the edge is so narrow.

Anonymous said...

Both cards are so neat! I love the double window with the tree cut out in the back. What a great look! The idea of the clear bag for a shaker is a nice tip, too! Shaker cards are so much fun! Sue (suen)

Joyce said...

Two amazing shaker cards--and you have made them elegant as well as fun.

Marilyn said...

Your cards are so stunning.

Marika said...

Fabulous!

Taunya Butler said...

Completely JOYOUS and BEAUTIFUL cards - so very lovely!!! You WOWed me!!!

cm said...

OH JOY is right, my friend! Classy and gorgeous, that first card; the shaker elements adds WOW to the impact. Your second: another joyous gem! Smart you with the stapled-on-shaker bag!
hugs~c