Wednesday, May 22, 2024

ZOOM playtime with Therese!

Even from another hemisphere, playing cards is always fun when played with friends!  When my friend Therese Calvird scheduled a ZOOM call you can believe I answered that call!  In just 30 minutes, we had each chosen our preferred stencil and started inking it while chatting... is it any wonder we chose the same stencil?

You can SEE Therese bring her stenciling to life on her LIVE YouTube session here in the States today, Wednesday, May 22 at 6 pm EST ... I'll be happily answering questions and chatting with her guests in the background.  Hope you can join us! 

Until then, here's my finished card using Altenew's Blooming Delight stencils, and stamps:


My chosen inks:


It's hard to tell on my finished card - but it started with a 7 x 10-inch card base of Neenah Solar White 110# cardstock.  I partially die cut the floral piece from the front of my base.  
After stenciling that floral on another piece of card, I stamped the outline using my MISTI, cut it out with the coordinating die, then added a bit of
dimension by cutting a second one and running it through my Platinum 6 using
this old Cuttlebug dotted embossing folder:


It all came together beautifully until I realized it couldn't stand up on its
own - clear acetate to the rescue!

Pay no attention to that reflection - I MIGHT have been in my pjs!

This lovely 'sending' word is a two-part die set included in the Blooming Delight coordinating die set - the hugs are part of the stamp set that I've stamped in Altenew's Obsidian pigment ink onto a tiny little pierced circle - MFT very old!

There you go, Therese!  I can't wait to see YOUR finished card and watch it come to life LIVE!

=] Michele 

19 comments:

Jeanne said...

How fun for you and what a lovely card resulted. I love that you thought to use the acetate for the support you needed. Great job on this pretty card!

Bonnie said...

How fun to play cards with Therese, Michele! Love the cut out flowers and the acetate was a brilliant idea! The black strip and backing of the sentiment enhance the colors of these beautiful flowers so they really shine!

Vicki Dutcher said...

What a fabulous card! How fun you got to play along with Theresa 😊

TK said...

FABULOUS! Wow, loving the colors, the acetate and bold stripe! So glad you had fun with Therese! I'll watch her video over lunch today...

Marcia Hill said...

Another STUNNER Michele! I love, LOVE the colors you used...bold and beautiful! I even love that black strip off to the side...really grounds the card! And great idea to add the acetate so the card will stand! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Leslie Miller said...

Well, how about that! It's ultra-pretty and you had a lot of fun crafting with a friend in the process! I love the finished result with the acetate, and the black border really sets off those colorful blooms!

Loll said...

Gorgeous card with a beautiful design Michele. So clever of you to add the acetate. Great save! Card making with friends is always a treat, whether in person or on-line. :) xx

HilaryJane said...

You have been busy recently and this is another stunner. great thinking with the acetate xx

Stef Perry said...

Love, love, love this Michele! Swooning over your color combo and your brilliant design with the partial die cutting. I never think to do that , I'm going to give it a go sometime soon!

So fun in the live today. Therese's card was stunning, right?

Bobby said...

The flowers are beautiful, Michele, and adding the acetate was such a great idea.

lostinpaper said...

Oh so clever to add dimension with the embossing folder (that's right isn't it lol). AND Yes, it is ALWAYS fun playing cards with you my friend... I am especially swooning over the pink and orange combo, but then, you knew I would right lol. Can't wait til the next play date!

Anonymous said...

Hi michele
Lisa hete. Fir sone reason goigle wont let me sign in so im anonymous🤣🤣🤣
Love the card you have created. You two must have do much fun creating together. Theresa’s live today was awesome.
Crafty hugs

Birgit said...

A stunning make, Michele! What fun that you got to be creative with a friend and ended up with this beauty. Great colors!! The acetate is the perfect solution to keep this card looking fresh and airy.

Cat Craig said...

Playtimes can bring out the best in creativity. This is fabulous.

Lisa Elton said...

Awww, how fun that the two of you got some play time together! Love your pretty results and your clever tricks. Fabulous card, Michele!

Linda Callahan said...

You are on fire these days! These are lovely and the acetate is perfect!

Darlene said...

STUNNING! Yes, creating with crafty friends far & near is a certain highlight & lift to my life. Unfortunately it just doesn't happen often enough. So glad you two could get together and inspire the rest of us. Colors are GORGEOUS

baileyrosy.com said...

Lucky you playing cards with Terese I'm so sorry I missed it but will be popping over to see her card shortly. Yours is amazing and the use of the acetate is perfect.

Marie

Papercraft Boutique said...

The partial die-cut flowers are gorgeous, Michele! I can only imagine how much fun you had crafting with Therese via Zoom. I also watched the archived video, and it was so much fun seeing you chat and comment with Therese and the other crafters. :-)
You always have wonderful and creative ideas - the acetate for support and the embossed backing for dimension. The black strip and the black shadow of the sentiment adds a modern touch, and I love it!
Hideko xx