Friday, May 10, 2024

Altenew Inspiration Challenge - May 2024

I wasn't going to try to resist playing along with Nathalie's tulips this month at Altenew's Inspiration Challenge!


Nathalie used my most favorite layered tulip from Altenew on her GORGEOUS card - so I brought out my SECOND favorite... Exotic Tulips layering stamps and a few inks...


I started with the base layer of each by swiping the stamp from top to
bottom with Buttercream ink.  Then I used just the detail layer to add color
in much the same way until I was happy.


The Floral Lace Die for her 'arch' and a sentiment from Beautiful Lady [cut with their Framed Sentiments Dies] to make this a Mother's Day card for my daughter!

The winner of my Blog-a-versary prize will be announced tomorrow!  So excited!
=] Michele

17 comments:

Sue said...

Gorgeous, I love how the tulips kind of interlace with the pretty die cuts.

lostinpaper said...

Did someone say tulips? I think this challenge was created just for you and your beautiful design my friend!

Diane said...

Beautiful tulip card and I love the pretty lacey elements added too, your daughter will love it and happy Mother's Day to you too!

Bonnie said...

I love the way you added colors to these layered tulips, Michele! It gave them a natural coloring! And that lacy die cut is AWESOME! Did you use the Empress for it?

Cat Craig said...

Oh gosh, Michele this is beautiful. Love the lacy touch.

Marcia Hill said...

Must be a tulip kind of week in blogland and yours is one of the prettiest Michele...your daughter will love it!! Love how you did your inking with the swiping...such a lovely effect! The lace die cut is gorgeous too and adds so much to this lovely, lovely card!! Hugs. :0)

Birgit said...

I love this lacy goodness with the beautiful tulips. This is stunning Michele!

Jeanne said...

Your sweet tulips look so very lovely in their lacey "blanket." Your daughter will be thrilled!

Bobby said...

I love the way you got the variegated color on your tulips, Michele. Gorgeous card that is so you!

Darlene said...

WOW ... just one word ... GORGEOUS!!!!!

Lisa Elton said...

This challenge had you written all over it! Beautiful card for your daughter, Michele. I love all of that lacy goodness you tucked in!

TK said...

We would NEVER expect you to resist a tulip, Michele, and this is exactly why -- so pretty! Love the buttercream base and your other colors too

HilaryJane said...

Such beautiful tulips and I love how you have incorporated that fancy die. So pretty xx

Leslie Miller said...

Beautiful tulips growing right through the floral lace! This makes a perfectly lovely Mother's Day card for your daughter and I know she'll treasure it!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

The lace and the tulips pair so well together and your color choices are perfect, as usual. This is such a lovely card for your daughter.

Linda Callahan said...

Oh my it is all about the lacy backdrop for me - gorgeous!

Angy said...

Love the lace