Monday, November 20, 2023

Sunday fun day with Wplus9 and card for Just us Girls #706

Laundry is going which means I have a bit of time between loads to share with you my Sunday fun using a favorite set from Wplus9 and how I put a Christmas spin on it!  

Dawn shared her 'foolproof' water coloring technique with us on her YouTube channel when she released this set.  You'll find it HERE.  It is a fun technique to try with any line-art set.  Tip:  use a good quality watercolor paper for the best movement of those wet inks!  I have my own favorite - Fabriano hot press 25% cotton which I found on Amazon.  But Dawn uses Tim Holtz watercolor paper in her video.

Ready?  let's go...


Wplus9: Just Breathe, Winter Greenery, Joyful Poinsettia, 
and Vintage Ephemera.
MFT Wonky Rectangles [embossed], PF Essential Labels


Distress Oxide inks: Hickory Smoke, Barn Door, Evergreen, and
Rustic Wilderness [and a bit of wonderful linen twine from LeAnne!]


Same supplies, and inks + Gathered Twigs


After splattering with Gansai Tambi metallic watercolor paints,
I gave my dove a little treat with the leftover on my brush.
I even uncovered my sewing machine!

Lastly, I was lucky enough to snag another 'new to me' set from the shop: Bells & Bows... here is her closeup...



Another sentiment from Right at Home: Peace, Love, Joy - stamped directly onto an Altenew Ornate die cut.

This last card is heading over to Just us Girls #706 where I found all the lovely colors for my greenery, berries, and bow from their beautiful mood board - at least in my more subtle greyed-down shades!



Hope your week has started off on the best note!
=] Michele

19 comments:

donna mikasa said...

Your Sunday was indeed a Fun-Day! I'm so glad I snagged that WPlus9 bird set but haven't quite mastered the inking technique. Practice, practice, practice! And your second card is so pretty with added gray tones--your signature color!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my, your cards are all so elegant and lovely! I'm sad that I put my sewing machine in the closet a while back and never got it out again. But, of course, that's not the only thing that's outstanding about your cards. The coloring, stamping, designs, special paint touches... all come together as beautiful little art pieces.

HilaryJane said...

Lov the soft water colouring effect and the double background. Toegether they make these cards look really classic xx

Cat Craig said...

Beautiful cards, Michele. A very nice play day.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fabulous cards! I am partial to the inspired one for JUGS 😉. Thanks for joining in.

Marcia Hill said...

You definitely had a funday Sunday Michele!! WOW...all 3 are gorgeous!! That bird set is so wonderful to begin with and you totally upped it with your wonderful water coloring skills!! Love how you did the backgrounds too, and of course the stitching too! That 3rd card's a beauty too!! Hugs. 😊

Bonnie said...

All of these are works of art, Michele! I love the backgrounds that add even more wow to these beauties!

Lisa Elton said...

That pretty little bird looks wonderful in your soft watercolors! These are both marvelous, Michele. So is your JUGs entry. What a pretty Christmas swag! The red pops perfectly with the soft grays!

lostinpaper said...

What can I say... other than, stunning!

Jeanne said...

Wow, Michele! In awe, so much beaty. Thank you for sharing!

LeAnne said...

These are both gorgeous, BUT....the bell one had me running to their website and now it's MINE! So sad they're going away....they have beautifully-detailed stamps! And you know just how to use them!

TK said...

Simply stunning, each and every one! Michele, you're the master!

Bobby said...

Wow! Turning that stamp into one for Christmas was inspired, Michele, and both versions are gorgeous. I love the silver bells too. There is so much dimension on that bow. Thanks for sharing that one with us at Just Us Girls.

Carol said...

Wow! Jaw dropping amazing!!! I think that WPlus9 card is my favorite of any card you have made. And believe me, that's high praise, because I love so many of your beautiful creations!

Carol said...

Michele, both cards are just beautiful! The soft patterns in the layers are fabulous!!!!!The grey, green and red card looks like an elegant winter wedding announcement! So happy you joined us this week at Just Us Girls!!!

Sue VanDeVusse said...


Two gorgeous creations! Those bells are so pretty and I love that soft background, too. And that watercolor beauty is amazing and something I am going to give a try. Thanks for playing along with us at JUGS!

Birgit said...

Wow!! I mean WOW!!!!! These are all gorgeous, Michele. I love the artistic look of those beautiful birds and flowers. My jaw is on the floor just looking at them. And of course those Christmas bells are superb as well. What a wonderful post of gorgeousness today.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

These are just so gorgeous. I love the watercolor technique you used, and I remember your sharing the video - I never did get to it, so maybe I will remember to do it this time around. Love the gray backgrounds and the collage-y look, especially on the last bird one.Bells & Bows is gorgeous, and I so love that tag you used. A whole lot of gorgeousness!

Linda Callahan said...

I know I am late to the party these days but I get a chance to read all of your comments - and LeAnne's today made me laugh out loud! I await her bell card! This group of beauties are exquisite!