Saturday, November 4, 2023

The Flower Challenge #86

 

It's wonderful to push yourself to use color combos that you might not think to use often - take this month's assignment from The Flower Challenge #86 for instance - black, white & yellow!  I love it but seldom use it except for the occasional bumblebee!  But, in November I need all the reminders I can get of summer weather and flowers to come!

Here's my favorite little 'daisy' backed beautifully with a new paper pad from Unity - called Hello Daisy!


I couldn't bear to cover even one more sweet daisy as I had so I cut 
the leaves from vellum.  How about that button?  I haven't used one in years!

So!  What flower comes to your mind when given the colors yellow, black, and white?  We can't wait to see them - come play!  There are tons of inspiration from the team right HERE!  OH, wait!! Please stop by and welcome our newest designer, too: my sweet friend - Marcia Hill!  
=] Michele

HoneyBee Stamps: Lovely Layers: Coneflower
Unity: Hello Daisy 6x6 pad
Pinkfresh Essentials: Braided Tag
Pinkfresh Essentials: Stitched Rectangles
Alexa Syberia: Spring Garden stamps and dies [for sentiment]

14 comments:

Jeanne said...

Fresh and bright as a, well, daisy! This made me smile my friend. Love that daisy pattern paper. Wonderful card!

Nancy Penir said...

Happy on a card, Michele! LOVE your layers and the vellum leaves!

HilaryJane said...

This is so pretty and a great idea to use vellum for the leaves as I agree with you about those daisies. Great button detail too xx

Bonnie said...

I always love to see this coneflower and I love the crisp white with yellow! And you couldn't have found a more perfect background!

lostinpaper said...

Oh and a button too, Love it!! It's been a while for me too, maybe that should be my next live challenge to do/use something 'old school' lol.

donna mikasa said...

Oh so charming, especially with that daisy print background and that cute little button!

LeAnne said...

So, so sweet! That daisy looks fresh as a daisy, LOL! The vellum leaves add such a nice touch and I love that the rounded portion of your diecut is at the bottom! Fun! And a BUTTON! I bet you'll start a trend with that, my friend!

JulieP said...

You certainly embraced the bold color combo! You certainly need a bit of spring in your early winter.

TK said...

Sunny and warm, this card makes me smile! Love that you used vellum for the leaves and saved some of those adorable daisies in the background

Bobby said...

You know I love daisies, Michele, and you have plenty of them on your darling card.

Lisa Elton said...

That coneflower makes a darling daisy! This is a delightful card, Michele!

Linda Callahan said...

That is one fabulous daisy! Gorgeous!

Cat Craig said...

Thats one gorgeous card. Love the vellum leaves.

Leslie Miller said...

Just as cute and sunshiny and cheerful as can be! I love anything with daisies. I haven't used a button in ages, either, but I have jars of them. It looks just perfect on your darling card!