Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Playing Cards with Friends - October 2023

What can I say about my October guest ... she is someone I've enjoyed and admired for years ... she really knows her way around words [some of my favorite things!] ... has captured the interest of an abundance of followers on Instagram both with her fabulous eye for card design and generous praise for others who create.  OH, hey!  I guess mentioning her name might be nice. 

I'm so happy to be Playing Cards with Joan Bardee!!  a.k.a Dear Paperlicious and @dearpaperlicious on Instagram!  

There's something else I love about Joan: she LOVES a pun-y joke and has a slapstick charm about her sense of humor!  You'll never guess how I have incorporated that into our assignment this month:

Did you know that October 31st isn’t just for Halloween??

It’s also: National Knock-knock Joke Day!  

Read all about it here:

NATIONAL KNOCK KNOCK JOKE DAY - October 31, 2023 - National Today

Use Halloween colors and share a knock-knock joke, too!  

I have been known to tell a joke or two on a card - some of you may remember THIS one from 2014 or THIS one which has seen a few rewrites!  But today I brought my sweet little owls out to play again - hope you get a hoot out of my knock knock card...



PLEASE tell me you get it??  I'll give you a moment... how about now?   

Joan!!  I know you'll do better than I did!!  Thanks so much for putting up with my silliness - and for Playing Cards with me, my friend!

Thank YOU, my friends - I know I can count on you to head over to Joan's blog - she's much funnier than I!

=] Michele

Spiced Cider card from The Stamp Market
PTI Layer to Layer: Torn Edges dies - debossed with Altenew Dotted Swirls die.
Elizabeth Crafts: Give a Hoot
Words: all my own =]
Spellbinders Hemstitched Circle dies.

17 comments:

Joan Bardee said...

Yes, there is gray!!!! I'm no genius - I just suspected that Halloween was the perfect time to sneak in some gray. Thanks so much for the invite. I am so happy to call you a friend and wish I could play in person.

Joan B said...

Ok, technically not a halloween card, but gray is gray! HA

Cat Craig said...

I love Joan's cards. Love your knock knock too. Off to see Joan's card.

HilaryJane said...

What a lovely atmosphere you have created with those gorgeous browns. You made me smile too, so thanks very much xx

Vicki Dutcher said...

So fun - playing with friends, and your card 😊

lostinpaper said...

Knock knock to two wonderful card makers and friends, LOVE it Michele!

Lisa Elton said...

I love your humor and your own silly words! This is extra cute, Michele! Here's one for you...

Knock, knock.

Who’s there?

Jacklyn.

Jacklyn who?

Jacklyn Hyde!

LeAnne said...

You are a hoot, my friend! I love the coloring on these owls...the puns are icing on the cake!

Marcia Hill said...

Who?? Who who?? Haha...love it!! Great colors and your owls look fabulous Michele! And what's not to love about knock knock jokes?! Happy Halloween my friend!! Hugs. 😊🎃

Jeanne said...

You knocked me over with your fabulous card, my friend. I'm so glad you get to have so much fun with so many friends. Thanks for always delighting!

TK said...

Great pun-y card, made even better with "your own words", even more special! Off to see Joan's!

Bonnie said...

I'm still laughing over the last knock-knock joke, Michele! And these owls do the trick perfectly! Off to check out what Joan did.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Those owls are a hoot! Love your card. Put a big smile on my face.

Bobby said...

You just created a new knock knock joke, Michele, and had a fabulous card to put it on. I love it when my greats try to tell one. Sometimes they don't make sense but it makes them laugh.

Leslie Miller said...

All this time I didn't realize the owls in our woods were up in the trees telling knock knock jokes, ha! I hear them often. These are some super cute owls and I absolutely love your card! Love Joan, too. I visited her earlier and saw her fun Halloween card.

Birgit said...

Your card is so "punny" Michele! What a hoot!

Linda Callahan said...

Nothing like a good knock knock joke to make you smile! Adorable card!