Thursday, October 12, 2023

Fa la la friends!

As I carry on making Christmas cards for my seniors, every once in a while, I make a few that I want to share with all of you - hope you don't mind?

I ordered from Alex Syberia Designs last sale as I just could resist these caroling friends any longer... you'll understand when you see them.  There are three characters in the set.  Pig and Dog seem to be the singers of the group, while Bunny seems to be the conductor - at least that's what I see! ha - here are my Fa la la Friends:


The companion die set cuts every image in the set - here I just stamped the musical notes and chorus line onto my card.  You'll see that old Lil' Inkers' woodgrain* quite a bit now - 'tis the season!

I also imagined Bunny putting his back into pulling that sleigh-full of presents. I just added a little length of black quilting thread from his arms to the sleigh!


Now, if Pig and Dog are singing, why couldn't they sing happy birthday?
This sentiment is from PTI and fit my card perfectly.

It's a party, and we can't have a party without streamers, right?
These are from the ASD Carnival Party Stencil set - it'll be a minute before
I get that alignment perfect but aren't they fun?!

So that's ASD Falala Friends ... I better get back to work crafty fun now!  Thanks for stopping by!
=] Michele

*sadly no longer available.

19 comments:

Maureen Morton said...

These are over-the-top adorable!!! The critters (am a critter gal, rather than floral one) are so cute and your coloring is terrific. This is a company with which I am not familiar, so I will need to check it out. Thanks for the smile at the start of the day these gave me!

Lisa Petrella said...

Oh my word, Michele! Every single one of these is absolutely adorable!!! Those critters are so cute, your scenes are super fun, and I especially love how you incorporated the woodgrain plate---fantastic!

Virginia L. said...

I miss seeing this particular release from AS. These are ADORABLE! I love how you colored the critters so light and fabulously! The ways you use the background are AWESOME! Everything is SPOT ON!

LeAnne said...

These are adorable! Love them all, such a cute little trio. But I have to say....those streamers are AMAZING~! What a fun background for a happy card!

lostinpaper said...

Yay! You have made my heart happy this morning, these are so darn cute that I am going to skip my way to work today lol.

Lisa Elton said...

I'll repeat what I said during our talk today... these are adorable! Those little critters really are too cute. Your coloring is spot on and those streamers are the best. A trio of cuteness, my friend!

Brenda said...

Mind, I should say not! I love seeing what you are up too even though at times I am super late to the party. LOL I ADORE these cards! They make me smile from ear to ear, they are so dang cute! Of course only you can make them this cute color them this cute and just make the cutest scenes Michele! These three have stolen my heart, I can see why you had to have them! Hugs, Brenda

Marcia Hill said...

All 3 of these are FABULOUS Michele and oh so CUTE!!! These critters totally make me smile and I just love how CAS you kept everything to make them SHINE! And your stenciled streamers look absolutely perfect to me...I thought it was dsp till I read you stenciled them! Cute, cute, CUTE cards my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

These critters are irresistible, as are those awesome streamers. Cuteness overload!

Cindy C. said...

All so cute!!

HilaryJane said...

Very cute set of course and no I don't ever mind you sharing cards with us. Just keep them coming. I do love those streamers. I just succumbed to one of their sales too and bought a whole load of sentiments and foil plates. Am now feeling very guilty about spending money when I have been very good at resisting for ages xx

Bobby said...

I don't know who had more fun, Michele. Those critters singing or you coloring them up and giving them a home on a card. They are all so fun and creative.

Jeanne said...

Your senior friends are going to be so delighted with these cards, those lucky recipients! Adorable and sweet and smile inducing! Thanks so much for sharing my creative and talented friend!

Bonnie said...

How fun, Michele! Whether it's Christmas, birthday or any other occasion worth singing about, these guys sure fit the bill! I think you'll get lots of mileage from this set! Love those streamers too!

Papercraft Boutique said...

These cards are so cute, Michele! The little critters are adorable, and I can almost hear them caroling! All three cards are sure to bring a big smile to their recipients. Love the woodgrain snow effect and the beautiful streamers!
Hideko xx

Birgit said...

These are just as cute as can be! I love the singing critters, especially the pig. his face...... hahaha! Those streamers are pure delight and it looks like you've lined them up perfectly to me.

Linda Callahan said...

Well these two sure know how to party! All about those streamers!

TK said...

Really cute! Love the friends sharing the fun with each other

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, stop! I can't even... way TOO CUTE!