Monday, October 16, 2023

Altenew Inspiration Challenge - October 2023

 

I'm thrilled [and a little envious] of our talented friend Hannelie who is the Guest Designer for Altenew's October 2023 Inspiration Challenge!  You'll love the story behind this sweet photo so be sure to visit that post!

Anyone who reads this blog knows full well that I have a favorite die from Altenew - okay, I know MANY of them have become favorites.  Today I'm thinking of that wonderful little frame that I have used so many times for so many cards for so many years!  HERE is just one.  

BUT there's a new 'kid' in town and I couldn't wait to get my hands on it!  Today their Enchanted Mirror die is the focal point on my card and if you look at Hannelie's photo again, you'll see that sweet little flower has been reimagined ... here's a closeup:


After stamping Altenew's Cosmos in two shades of inks, I just couldn't 
leave the other out!  I'm seeing ALL of these colors in her flower - do you?
I even managed to capture the grass under the bench!




My Enchanted Mirror Die was cut from a wood plank paper, and again in dark grey for a little oomph.  And although I think it's perfect for the challenge, I could not leave you without showing all the wonderful detail in this die!  

Every year I make a card for my dear friend who has a Halloween birthday.  Here is this year's model - once again let's start with a closeup:


Have I ever mentioned how beautifully the Hero Arts copper embossing powder melts?  this sentiment from PTI is pretty tiny and the font is, too!  Isn't that a great color for the navy card - and Halloween!

My card front was dry embossed with that SU Subtle Texture folder, and I
finished it off with a little sparkly Pinkfresh gems - love those dark navy ones!


Just the right amount of spooky for a Halloween birthday, don't you think?

Okay.  I'd better share this over at the Altenew challenge and get back to my regularly scheduled Monday tricks and treats ... thanks so much for stopping by!

=] Michele

20 comments:

LeAnne said...

So pretty! That die is a gorgeous backdrop for the beautiful florals you've created, as well as the other cards too! Stunning!

Bonnie said...

This ornate mirror frame die is awesome, my friend, and a perfect place for these sweet flowers to hang out! Your navy birthday card is awesome! Let me get my jaw off the floor!

Lisa Elton said...

While I do love your take on Hannelie's challenge (so pretty!), it's the magnificent navy number that has me gasping! What a pretty frame that is! It's wonderful to see how the darker paper brought out all of the beautiful details in the die. Thanks for the double dose of awesome today XO

Marcia Hill said...

That frame is AWESOME and so you Michele!! I can see why you had to have it and both cards turned out so pretty using it!! The woodgrain card is beautiful but it's the dark and dramatic one I'm really loving...absolutely perfect for a Halloween birthday!! Hugs. :0)

Vicki Dutcher said...

Seriously gorgeous both cards! That monotone is becoming your signature- it inspires me every time I see it! 😊

lostinpaper said...

Oh my, look at that die and how you have made it shine... it reminds me of our 'other fave' die from Altenew but bigger and dare I say better... I think I may 'need' this one too lol.

Kristin Sluhan said...

Oh MY LANTA!! That first card is STUNNING!! Amazing job on the challenge, it's a winner in my book!

Jeanne said...

So much awesomeness in one post! Gorgeous cards. Wow. That last one is an absolute stunner. Thanks ever so much for sharing, Michele!

Hannelie said...

Hi Michele!
I am smiling from ear to ear ! So thrilled to see you playing along with the inspiration I provided this month at Altenew (Trust me I'm still pinching myself about this opportunity ;)
I love everything about this carefully thought out and designed card. Thank you so much for playing and also for your kind words!

JulieP said...

Holy Guacamole! I thought the first card was stunning and then the second one literally took my breath away. Wow. (And now I need me that frame. LOL!)

Bobby said...

Beautiful interpretation of Hannelie's photo, Michele. That frame would never have caught my eye but you saw many ways to use it including a spooky/not spooky Halloween birthday card.

Birgit said...

Two stunning card here Michele. The first design has a romantic rustic feel while the second card is very dramatic. It's amazing how colors can evoke so much emotion.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

THESE ARE GORGEOUS! I can't believe you spotted the grass. Only you.

HilaryJane said...

Your first card is a beautiful take on Hannelie's inspiration phot, such gorgeous colours and light. That lovely navy card really shows off that frame. Nothing else is needed xx

donna mikasa said...

Wow--that Enchanted Mirror die has moved its way up, in a good way! Love how you used it especially on the Halloween birthday card. So stunning!!

TK said...

Two perfect cards! The first card is a glorious rendition of the photo, in all its details but your second card shows off the details and bold statement by a tiny sentiment!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Wow, both cards are stunning, Michele! You've used the Enchanted Mirror die in such a marvelous way. Love the rustic charm of the mirror paired with those lovely cosmos, and the amazing Halloween birthday card packed with fantastic navy blue elements! Great work, my friend!
Hideko xx

Linda Callahan said...

Wow these cards are glam glam glsm!

Cindy C. said...

Stunning cards!

Carmela said...

This is lovely, Michele! I always enjoy seeing your cards and get a lot of inspiration from your beautiful work!