Monday, October 9, 2023

Just us Girls Challenge #700

We are invited to celebrate the 700th challenge with the folks at Just us Girls this week!  And I could hardly wait to get started on my card using Lisa K.'s colors! 

 

Inspiration abounds from their design team every week - this week I was smitten by the birds Elizabeth shared with us - here is where her card took me today...

Grey is my neutral today - navy is a blue after all!  I nearly forgot the kraft/tan - I was
really happy how this panel looked mounted on a kraft card base.

I have been wanting to make another of these gorgeous Cranes ... the colors in the challenge worked out great for it.  As Elizabeth's card has honored those with cancer, mine will be heading to a dear friend who is waging her own battle with it.

Congratulations, to the entire JUGS team - I'm delighted for you and look forward to another 700 challenges!
=] Michele

Altenew: Red-Crowned Crane layering die set
Lil' Inker's wood grained cover plate - no longer available
EH: Landscapes die set
Spellbinders: Betterpress - A Little Message sentiment plates


21 comments:

Karen said...

This ranks up at the top of my favorite cards you've created! It's so striking, and the design is perfection! Have a great week!

Birgit said...

This is so beautiful Michele! I'm sure your friends spirits will be strengthened by your thoughtfulness.

Carol said...

Another beauty!!!!

Marcia Hill said...

So simple and SO striking! A truly beautiful card Michele and I'm sure your friend will love it!! Hugs. :0)

Lisa Elton said...

So happy to have you joining us at JUGs, Michele! Your card is lovely. The crane looks terrific in our colors and on the kraft card base! I think this will lift your friend's spirits and bring a smile!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Very awesome bird card using the colors. I bet your friend appreciates it a lot. Thanks for sharing at JUGS

HilaryJane said...

This is perfect, love it and yes, it does look very good on the kraft card. I am glad you didn't forget it xx

Linda Callahan said...

Total elegance!

Brenda said...

First off I'm so sorry you would even be in need for a card like this Michele. Secondly, this card is absolutely beautiful. I love the color combo and of course the message. My heart and prayers go out to those who are fighting this journey as it isn't an easy one. Bless you for supporting your friend Michele! Hugs, Brenda

lostinpaper said...

What a beautiful card Michele, I know your friend will be strengthened by it!

nancy littrell said...

Framing your beautiful Goose image and background using Kraft CS brought your main image together beautifully, my friend. TFS Love and Hugs..Nancy

Karren said...

Oh wow, this is stunning! The way you've used just a smidge of the challenge colours but they're front and centre is so clever!

TK said...

LOVE your crane, and he makes such a handsome card too!

Jeanne said...

Congratulations, indeed. What a milestone. Your card is stunning. What a beautiful message of hope and strength. My thoughts go to your friend for a full recovery!

Bobby said...

An all round excellent card, Michele. The crane looks wonderful in our colors,the design is fabulous and the sentiment will surely lift the spirits of the recipient.

Bobby said...

Why do I keep forgetting to thank you for joining us at Just Us Girls? I do appreciate your participation.

Bonnie said...

So beautiful, Michele! I LOVE this crane and how you used these colors!

Nancy said...

There is no doubt your friend will be so appreciative of this fabulous card and will feel better just looking at it. You take color challenges to a new level! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls.

Virginia L. said...

You are a master in using colors! Love the navy background with the beautiful crane! I FEEL the strength already! Be it grey or navy, you rock them all.

Bonnie said...

This awesome bird made the winner's podium! Well deserved, my friend!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Congrats on being chosen as the winner of the 700th challenge, Michele!
This Crane card is absolutely beautiful! I love the clean and crisp feelings! Your friend will surely be encouraged by this card and your thoughtfulness.
Hideko xx