Saturday, April 15, 2023

The Flower Challenge Reminder #79

I had that fabulous win over at Pinkfresh in January - guess what was included in that prize?  BACKGROUND STAMPS!!  I'm happy to remind you today that you have plenty of time to create a FLORAL card focusing on background stamping for Challenge #79 at The Flower Challenge!

When using a new stamp for the first time, I often follow the wonderful example of color combinations offered by Pinkfresh - they are the pros!  I didn't have the exact colors, or the Pinkfresh inks, but I got pretty close:

Then I took it one step further and added a little blue sky behind their blooms!


Let's see if you can find the final treatment my background was treated to...


It's soon going to be graduation season around here - one word says it all!

So. Have you treated us to your background stamping yet?  There's still time, and there is plenty of inspiration from The Flower Challenge team!
=] Michele


Pinkfresh Studio: Poppy Mix and coloring stencils
c. 2015 SSS Congrats die
Cuttlebug embossing folder - OLD

17 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I like your colors better, Michele and I love the embossing you added to the panel! PRETTY!

Jeanne said...

Beautifully colored and embossed panel, Michele. An absolutely lovely card!

Bonnie said...

WOW! This is GORGEOUS, Michele! So beautifully colored and I love the addition of the embossing! It makes a lovely unexpected surprise!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Way to color! I just don’t have the patience but I sure like seeing your end result! 😉

Marcia Hill said...

You'll definitely have to set this stamp/stencil set out for me Michele...it's gorgeous and I like your coloring better too! And especially the touch of blue sky in the background!! Had to chuckle at the "old" listed under your supply list for the ef...too funny!! Beautiful, BEAUTIFUL card my friend!! Oh and I love the rounded corners on this card too...why do I never think to do that?!! Hugs. :0)

Leslie Miller said...

That was one heck of a win! It just seems to go on and on. This is such a beautiful background and I love your coloring of it, including the bit of blue sky background. I do see your embossing -- the perfect little somethin' somethin'!

Cat Craig said...

Fabulous

HilaryJane said...

So vibrant and gorgeous, i love it xx

lostinpaper said...

It's so dreamy my friend, love how you 'copied' the colours and then made it your own!

Bobby said...

The blue sky adds a great touch to your beautifully colored card, Michele. So does the embossing.

Julie B said...

This is so pretty Michele, love the colours and the subtle embossing on your panel. :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Michele this is one beautiful design! So nice that you had that big win at PinkFresh. They couldn't have gifted it to a better designer! xo

TK said...

Beautiful coloring, and great use of the light blue to make those pretty colors pop! I think using the original for color inspiration is a popular route, but that's okay because then we're inspired on

Papercraft Boutique said...

You made a fantastic floral background, Michele! Your coloring is beautiful, and the added dry embossing is a nice surprise! Love the card!
Hideko xx

Aileen said...

Such a stunning card Michele, love the colours you chose and that dry embossing finished it perfectly xx Aileen

Linda Callahan said...

You are fearless! All of that beautiful coloring and then you embossed - total wow factor!

Karren said...

This is such a bright and happy congrats card and the texture adds wonderful interest.