Monday, April 10, 2023

Spring is shaping up!

Hello my friends!  I was so happy to be sent a few products to play with from the generous folks and newest release from Spellbinders!  You can see all the wonderful new goodies here.  Hope you enjoy the end results!  

First - my personal favorite from the Stylish Ovals CollectionGlimmer foiled, Floral Bird


I used a matte finish Spellbinders gold foil, and my Glimmer Hot Foil machine, then the companion Layering Stencils made quick work of coloring the images ... so quick, I was able to get a second card foiled and stenciled!


This time I used a silver Spellbinders foil, and brighter inks!
The card base has been embossed using my March 2023 Club folder Stylized Calla LilyI totally see that pretty birds' tail in that embossing, don't you?

This pretty gradient-inked sentiment is from
Stylish Oval Birthday Wishes using three of the inks used while stenciling.

Next up: a few more of the images in that Stylish Oval Birthday Wishes set:


I kept it simple for its first spin - but doubled up the stamping!
A pretty pink border and fish-tail-banner that was white heat embossed.


Have you noticed a pattern here?  Those ovals, perhaps?  This time
the little garden was stamped, and white heat embossed, simply water-colored, and mounted on two half-ovals meant to represent the sun and the grass along
my flower bed.  Another sentiment - this time gold heat embossed - and a
sweet little wrap of natural twine tie it all up with a bow!

Last, but not least, two cards made with the newest 3D embossing folder in their collection:  Beautiful Butterflies!


First the dramatic - using inks added with sponge daubers to the DEBOSSED like of 
my WHITE panel of cardstock.  Then using a TH sponge applicator, I added
lots of Hickory Smoke distress oxide ink - Erum Tasnim shared this technique over at the Altenew YouTube channel recently.
A good smattering of white-gold watercolor, and another of white gouache and all
that was left to do was give it a frame.  I kept the drama going with this dark grey cardstock - but kept a bright spot by adding another just-smaller frame of white.

I couldn't leave you without adding this CAS and simple card - this is vellum!
40lb vellum to be exact - it took the embossing beautifully:


A pretty little birthday card for someone turning 18 in May!  [yes, also the graduate!]

Thank you, Spellbinders, for your generosity!  
There is so much more to love in their April release!
=] Michele

18 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Beautiful cards, and what a great oval round and fabulous.

Nancy said...

Woohooo! Congrats girl, well deserved! You have certainly got a wonderful post here with lots of inspiration! I love them all but that butterfly embossing folder is just lovely, as is the pretty Foral Bird! Well done!

LaVon Hall said...

I love them all especially that last one! Congratulations on your graduate and birthday girl! I special time for you both��

Bonnie said...

What a fun playtime, Michele! How wonderful to have been given these fantastic products! Now that I can buy again, I want everything. LOL, it isn't going to happen but I could easily buy those ovals, the sweet bird and the beautiful butterfly embossing folder that you've done up so beautifully! Wish I lived next door!

Lisa Elton said...

They put those goodies into the perfect hands! Each one of these is as incredible as the next! My favorite is the beauty you created for the soon to be birthday girl!

Anonymous said...

Oh, joy to see this collection in your creative hands! Loving the oval beauties! Vikki H

lostinpaper said...

Your designs truly shine my friend, you have pushed these products and achieved beauty!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Well that was fun! You had a good time, and get to see the beauty 😆

Jeanne said...

Congratulation on the goodies from Spellbinders. So fun. And you definitely ran with them. These cards are gorgeous, each an every one. From the dramatic to the elegant. Gotta say, love 'em all, but that last vellum one with the beautiful butterly made my heart flutter a little. Thanks so much for sharing, Michele!

Linda Callahan said...

Stylish indeed! Spellbinders knew just who could work magic with their products! Beautiful cards!

Leslie Miller said...

Oooh, the bird is my favorite! If it only came in a stamp... I love the stamp set, too. All of it. Lots of beautiful cards, Michele!

HilaryJane said...

How amazing to get a load of new goodies like that and it is equally amazing to see what you have done with them. I am loving the foiled bird, but I think my favourite from the set is the last one. so stylish in white with a touch of gold and what a special embossing folder. It might have to go on my wish list! You never fail to inspire. Thank you xx

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Oh my goodness, so much to love here. In all it's oval beauty. You make these products sing, Michele. Just glorious creations - all of them. I think I am partial though to the last one. That EF makes me swoon!

Marcia Hill said...

How did I get soooooo far behind?!! These are all absolutely FABULOUS Michele! Spellbinders definitely knew what they were doing when they sent product to you because you've made all of it SHINE my friend!! Those ovals and foiled images are a match made in heaven...just beautiful!! They're ALL so pretty I can't even pick a favorite! Lovely, lovely cards my friend!! Hugs. :0)

TK said...

These are all just beautiful, Michele, from the bold and beautiful to the soft and serene!

Birgit said...

Gorgeous projects Michele! The details on the last embossed card is amazing!!

Bobby said...

Spellbinders will be thrilled with the way you created such fabulous cards with their new release, Michele. The embossing on vellum is gorgeous. Whose is it?

Papercraft Boutique said...

You never disappoint companies that send you their products, Michele! I love all these stunning cards you made with the oval dies, but I especially LOve the debossed butterfly one. It has a special feeling. Its texture, depth and colors are amazing. The white frame worked wonderfully to brighten up the scene. Your springy photo styling is lovely too!
Hideko xx