Saturday, April 15, 2023

Playing Cards with Friends - April 2023

Hello, my friends!  I'm Playing Cards with Friends again and am very excited to have Jen Timko whose blog, Stampin' on the Fly - fits her lifestyle perfectly as she is a pilot!  Yeah - how cool is that!?

Jen is also one of the fabulous designers on the Freshly Made Sketches team - you all know how much I love to play cards there, right?

As I looked for an assignment for us, I found this one at National Holidays: Husband Appreciation Day is today - who knew?  I know we all appreciate our husbands - I sure do appreciate mine. 

Okay!  Here's our assignment:

                Make a card for your husband.  Something silly, or serious - your choice!               Let’s include masculine colors:  shades of blue, and greens.

        Add alpha dies or die cut words!

Playing Cards with someone who makes a living on a 'winged-thing' and showing appreciation to my husband who loves ALL the winged things was a perfect fit!  Of course, it HAS to be butterflies!  Here's my card:


A slimline card gives me lots of 'real estate' for a garden full of Pinkfresh butterflies
for my guy - these happen to be cut from the negative-foiling from another Glimmer day.  Then I brought in a rainbow of inks to color in the white lines.
The dark steely grey gives my card a masculine feel - naturally these flutterbys needed a garden - mine is embossed using Spellbinders' Four Petal Floral folder.


My words of appreciation will be added inside - for our anniversary in May! But I found the required die-cut words from Altenew's Versatile Greetings.
I have had little luck foiling onto colored cardstock - this greeting was gold foiled on white then Hickory Smoke oxide ink was added.  

Okay!  My playtime has come to an end and I truly cannot wait to see how Jen brought our assignment to paper... let's go, shall we?  

Thank you so very much, Jen for accepting my invitation to play - btw I'm still waiting for your detour to our Muskegon airport! Maybe someone could just drop you there for a three-day furlough? wink!
=] Michele   

11 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Looks like we both had butterflies on our minds today! This looks like the perfect Tom card with all of those winged beauties! Loving the EF, fabulous card!

Jeanne said...

Stunning card, Michele. And elegant. Tom is sure to love it. I love the embossed background. It practically jumps off the cardstock.

Bonnie said...

What a perfect anniversary card for Tom! I'll bet the shine of the butterflies is beautiful!

Leslie Miller said...

A perfectly beautiful and masculine card for your husband who loves and nurtures winged things. Your Spellbinders folder is amazing as is that steely gray!

Cat Craig said...

Super card, Michele. Very elegant.

HilaryJane said...

I am loving that dark background. It sets off those butterflies perfectly xx

lostinpaper said...

Oh, the perfect celebration for sure, especially with a 'grey' background and some of your baby butterflies! I know he will love it! Flying off to visit Jen now...

Bobby said...

The dark gray embossed panel is gorgeous, Michele, and a wonderful place for your colorful butterflies to take wing.

Linda Callahan said...

Oh my this is so rich and luxurious! Loving the dark embossed backdrop behind the beautiful butterflies! So glad you played cards with Jen Timko….she rocks! Now off to check out her card!

Karren said...

What fun to play cards with Jen! And what a fabulous theme you've chosen. These butterflies against the dark background look amazing. And I'm waiting for Jen to be rostered onto the NZ flight ha ha!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

How wonderful this is. I love the assignment. The colors you've used are fabulous, and I love all your winged things. Gotta go check Jen's card out!