Sunday, April 2, 2023

Altenew Inspiration Challenge - April 2023

 

Before I even start blah blah blah-ing - please take a look at this gorgeous photo from our hostess, Joy D'Souza, for the Altenew April 2023 Inspiration Challenge


After you pick your jaw up off of the floor, take a look at my card - it was wonderful bringing out that fabulous Altenew BAF: Antique Rose again!


I'm sharing the closeup first to bring your attention to the leaves -
Leaf Canopy was first applied to a panel of card stock, and then again to 
another so they could be die-cut.  I used my sponge daubers to
add ink to the stamps in my MISTI so I could continue to add color until
I was happy with the 'blurred' look of Joy's leaves in her photo.  


I'm continuing to add to my graduation stash!  These congratulations are just one of the many sentiments in the Canopy set.  It was white heat-embossed onto a dark forest green cardstock.  A trio of Altenew Field Greens enamel dots and my 'work' here is done! 

There's no competing with Joy's photo but I gave it my best!
=] Michele

Altenew Featured Sentiments Die was used to cut my sentiment strip
Altenew Field Greens ink set was used for my leafy canopy
Various reds from my cardstock stash to layer the rose

19 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

You gave it more than your best, this is incredibly beautiful!!

TK said...

Beautiful! Look at the depth of color in YOUR flower! What a wonderful remake of the inspiration

Vicki Dutcher said...

Outstanding! Love the contrast. What a beautiful inspired card! 😀

Jeanne said...

Beautiful work, Michele. So happy you were so inspired!

Cat Craig said...

Lovely! THe white touches are fab highlights.

Jane Harrah said...

Your card out-wow's the picture of the rose! Beautiful job.

lostinpaper said...

Love that you added the 'blurriness' to your leaves, your card is beautiful Michele!

Bonnie said...

WOW! This is a gorgeous rose! Love all those leaves in the background! Stamping and die cutting make for lots of depth!

Birgit said...

Wow!!! This is stunning!!

Bobby said...

Gorgeous, Michele. I love the leaves stamped on the background and then die cut to add dimension.

Leslie Miller said...

There is nothing like the intense beauty of an honest to goodness red rose in the garden, but you came close! So lovely, Michele!

Linda Callahan said...

I’ll say you gave it your best! I love your attention to details I. Getting the shades of color just right! Gorgeous card!

Kim S said...

The photo is gorgeous and your card is amazing!! The flower itself is beautiful but I also love the background you created with the various greens and the dimension with some of them!

donna mikasa said...

Wow, your rose seems to be popping off your card! Beautiful dimension and I love the canopy background.

Brenda said...

Ok, all I keep saying is "WOW!", but holy cow WOW! First off the rose photograph is stunning! Secondly, you have captured this rose in your card perfectly Michele! I love that rose die, it is simply gorgeous on it's own. But then you added stamped and die cut leaves to the background using the Leaf Canopy, which is stunning as well and captures the look of being blurry like in the photo. I so love this card!!! I so appreciate your talents my friend, you are amazing! Hugs, Brenda

Papercraft Boutique said...

Fantastic work, Michele! Your rose is as beautiful as the one in the photo. Great job of creating the blurred look, using your sponge daubers. Layering the leaves over the stamped ones has a wonderful effect too!
Hideko xx

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Way to catch all the detail in that simple, glorious photo!

Carmela said...

Beautiful Michele!!

Kristin Sluhan said...

Beautiful rose! I love this die set, I may have to invest in it!