Thursday, March 17, 2022

Altenew March 2022 Inspiration Challenge - take two!

 

After a few weeks of studying this photo from Altenew's March 2022 Inspiration Challenge I realized that the grey I saw initially in Therese's photo was reading a bit on the lavender blue side of the color wheel.  Back to the drawing board... and this time, a few springtime daffodils from their Build-a-Flower set!


The rounded rectangle frame was cut from a quarter-sheet of 
watercolor cardstock that I treated to a dry/wet strokes of Caribbean Sky paint from my 36 pan set, and the widest brush from my Altenew brushes.


All set - ready for their gallery! Fingers crossed!
=] Michele

13 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Fabulous take on the colours of the challenge Michele x. The daffodils are so pretty and loving that sentiment x.

HilaryJane said...

You are definitely the master with grey. Your daffodils are stunning xx

lostinpaper said...

Stunning Michele, I'm just going to pick my jaw up off the floor!

Lisa Elton said...

This pretty spring card makes my heart sing, well done!! Reminds me again of those bulbs I didn't get planted last fall ~ HA!!

Jeanne said...

Simply and fabulously beautiful. Such a subtle addition to your card, but a fantastic one! Happy weekend!

Marcia Hill said...

And to think that the real ones will be popping up soon (I hope!)!! You have framed those beautiful Daffodils perfectly with that softly colored frame (which I LOVE!!) Michele, and the colors match beautifully for the challenge photo! But then, I thought your first card matched the challenge photo colors perfectly too! You've got a winner on your hands with either card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Cat Craig said...

You have such a great eye for design!

Linda Callahan said...

The hint of color of those paintbrush swipes are fabulous! So pretty!

Bonnie said...

This is so pretty, Michele! I love how you've painted the frame and the way you've done the sentiment! I hope you're seeing some of those daffodils for real!

Tracey McNeely said...

One word, stunning!

JulieP said...

You've done the inspiration board proud!

Karren said...

I love that frame you watercoloured with the wide strokes. It looks perfect with the beautiful daffodils. Good luck in the challenge!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

All the early spring flowers and trees are in bloom here. I love your daffodils and that wonderful texture and soft color on that fabulous frame. So hopeful and beautiful.