Wednesday, March 16, 2022

A Day of Play with Marcia

 Any day is a good day for visiting my friend Marcia - we took our weatherman at his word and planned the only sunny day of last week to get together!  Man am I glad we did - [pardon my French] it all went to hell in a hand basket the day after! 

Enough about the weather - I have SO much to share today and I know Marcia will, too - so let's get into it!

First up - I'm giving you all the bird[s]!  The darling PTI Feathered Friends mini 19 to be exact... 


Here perched on a 'wire' over Marcia's new Altenew Book Cover Engravings 3D folder.
The little sentiment is another from Pinkfresh's Favorite Things to Say set.

Here's another Altenew 3D called Waffled Diamonds... aren't they amazing??
Speaking of...What's not amazing about a bird on a trapeze???

Altenew makes the Speech Bubbles sentiments and dies.
The Stamp Market's Lovely Labels dies were a steal in their retired list at Christmas time.

Then I got all crazy with color and created this next little chick - her name must be Lola! 
she could be a showgirl!!

Recognize this old Wplus9 set?  Happy Birds may have flown their coop, 
but they'll never leave my nest.  A little happy yellow Bitty Big plaid from PTI for my mat.

Next up - I got my hands on Pinkfresh Studio's mini butterflies dies and stencils - but the hot foil plate continues to elude me - Marcia to the rescue, again!!  She even introduced me to a gorgeous new-to-me Glimmer foil color.  Too bad the prismatic colors are impossible to capture well by camera!  That one on the left says it all...


Hey! the background was something new I brought to the craft table!!  
Marcia had first dibs with my Pinkfresh Folk Art Print stencils. 
I got inky with it at home.
Isn't it pretty with those butterflies??  The sentiment is one from a set
Marcia received from the first Pinkfresh Studio virtual Retreat.


I'm sending this one over to the March 2022 Pinkfresh Studio monthly challenge.
It's supposed to be about frames - but I think the combination of that circle die from their Mini Slimline Bundle, and their butterflies 'frame' my sentiment perfectly!


Last but not least is this gorgeous Sketchbook Roses from The Greetery... you'll see them again soon!  But I HAD TO share this wonderful orange and grey beauty with you today... 

Pinkfresh Studios - Stitched Scalloped Rectangles, and silver baubles
Catherine Pooler: twilight, Bellini, and mandarin spice inks
The Greetery - Pretty Postmarks peeking out from under their roses

Marcia, YOU do indeed make my life more beautiful!  Thanks so much for letting me come play cards, for the yummy lunch, and all the goodies I got to bring home with me!  I think together we couldn't want for another thing - but let's face it, I can't wait to share the next addition, and the next... you get the picture!

Thanks, my friends for hanging in there with me!  See you next time!  But I can't wait another second to see how Marcia put all her creations together into card - let's go!

=] Michele

24 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

I just knew you'd do wonderful things with those sweet chubby birds, and you certainly did my friend!! I absolutely love the simplicity of all 3 cards...the blue birds are so striking against the white backgrounds, and your colorful birdie is totally making me smile with that wonderful sentiment!! The butterflies and the Folk Art Print were a match made in heaven, and I didn't even notice the die cut circle in the center until reading what you had written...AWESOME!! And your rose card? Absolutely STUNNING my friend!! It was definitely a FUN play date and I can't wait for the next one!! Thank you, thank you!! Hugs. :0)

LeAnne said...

Wowza! THese are all eye-poppers! I love Lola, but I am partial to those little blue birds and that embossing on the first one knocked my socks off. Now, those stenciled backgrounds.......oh, they are delish! You & Marcia certainly had a productive day!

Mac Mable said...

Firstly you both looked like you had so much fun crafting together Michele x. Your first card looks amazing. The cute chubby little 'blue' bird looks so content against the fabulous 3D embossing folder and clever bird to balance on that wire! Love the design layout and the sentiment on card number two and extra loving Lola on your third card x. Wow to the foiling on the fourth colourful card and yes it looks like a creative way to do a frame to me Michele x. The orange and grey colour combination on your last card is really beautiful x. A real treat of a post, thank you x.

Karen said...

What amazes me as much as your beautiful cards (and each one of them is a masterpiece!) is how prolific you are when the two of you are together!

ElizStewart said...

So happy you had so much fun! The cards are amazing... super loving that new Altenew Book Cover Engravings folder. Just beautiful on its own!

conil said...

You and Marcia used that sassy bird and the sweet butterflies beautifully as harbingers of Spring. The bluebird will surely bring happiness to any recipient but, have to say, Lola is my fave...I can hear Manilow singing in the background. It doesn't hurt that she's surrounded by yellow. Speaking of backgrounds, that stenciled Folk Art print looks amazing with the flutterbys floating around it. Laying it with the circle and sentiment was a terrific idea.
As was the color choices for your Roses...every color goes so well with grey. The scripty background (there's that word again) makes for a perfect card, as does the frame and sweet sentiment.

JoAnn said...

What a wonderful time you had with Marcia making all your beautiful cards. The little birds are so cute and the butterflies too. Of course, the floral one is my favorite. Thanks for sharing all the lovely inspiration.

Cat Craig said...

Oh my gosh those birds are fabulous on your cards. YOu have such an eye for getting gorgeous on a card. And I am so jelly you have a crafty friend you can visit to play with. Ah well, I do have face time. Lol.

Bonnie said...

You certainly made the most of your playdate with Marcia, Michele! Love, love, love all the sweet birds and the backgrounds! Your butterflies are so colorful and look perfect on that colorful background! The rose card is so classy in these colors! Love how you've framed it too!

Lisa Elton said...

I couldn't wait to get here after our chat today (which I loved BTW!). WOWEE do I ever love these. The first one is my absolute favorite, oh my goodness! I might need that embossing folder! Those butterflies have you written all over them and those orange roses are fabulous! Lots and lots of pretty happening here!

lostinpaper said...

Looks like you had a blast creating together! LOVE your gorgeous designs and crossed fingers you can get hold of the solid foil plate real soon. ps good luck with your weather too lol.

TK said...

Goodness! What a load of gorgeousness, Michele! I'm totally awesome by them all, and flabbergasted by the fact that you can make so many IN ONE DAY! Gorgeous

Jeanne said...

Oh Michele, what a treasure, both your friendship and the beauties she helped you to create! Wow! I continue to be impressed by your use of embossing folders. You get such a fantastic result! That first card is just a stunner. ALL of the cards are fabulous. What a wonderful time you must have had to be so beautifully inspired. Thank you for sharing.

Birgit said...

Oh my goodness, I'm drooling over here, at all your gorgeous cards! That little bird is at the top of my "favorites" list. So adorable! I love all your colorful cards Michele. It's so wonderful that you and Marcia were finally able to have a play date. Spring really is coming.... right?

Linda Callahan said...

Wow you and Marsha are the new dynamic duo! That bird rocks no matter what color she is….That face….so grumpy and perfect! A gorgeous gallery of cards my friend! Now off to visit Marsha!

Maureen Morton said...

I love that you have a crafty pal not too far away to play with! And the personality of this bird is outrageous! So much going on in that bird brain! You did him up so fine. I haven't looked into PTI in several years, but I have some old favorites....need to return. Your shared day put a smile on my face and these cards are a true inspiration. Thanks and have a great weekend!

Kara Lynne said...

What a fabulous array of cards from a fabulous play date! Those birds look great with their black and white backgrounds. My favorite is Lola. I can see her getting ready to move her tail feathers! Those butterflies are beautiful paired with your folk art stencil. Gorgeous grey and orange florals to end this amazing post!

HilaryJane said...

Wow, this is a very special collection of cards. That bird is so cute, it always fascinates me that the same stamp can look so different just by mixing up the colours, and those embossed backgrounds are brilliant. I love the happy cheery look of the butterfly card and am glad the foiling doesn't show too well as it helps me resist the temptation to get a foiling machine! Your last card is a truly classic 'Michele' card, loved by everyone xx

Kim S said...

I LOVE all the ways you've used that charming little bird!! I am totally in love with him on the embossed white flowers!!

Leslie Miller said...

What an ultra-fun play day! I love the birds and, oh my goodness, the embossing on the first card. Wonderful happy colors on your Pinkfresh card. Things have gone out in a handbasket here, too, so I may not be around as much. We'll see.

Papercraft Boutique said...

What a fun and productive playdate with Marcia you had, Michele! All three sweet bird cards are fabulous. I especially like the crisp blue and white one. The bright blue bird is beautifully contrasted with the white 3D embossed background. The black accents pop. The foiled butterflies and the stenciled background bring us spring! Love the color combo and the wonderful dimension. I didn't know orange and gray would make such a beautiful color combo! Love that the leaves and the sentiment go over the frame.
Hideko xx

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

How wonderful that you and Marcia are close enough to play together. So good for the soul, and so many gorgeous creations between the two of you. Your birds are so incredibly adorable, and the stenciled folk art and butterflies are gorgeous. I adore the design and colors you used for the Sketchbook Rose card... just a whole lot of gorgeousness here. xx

Tracey McNeely said...

You and Marica had a wonderful play date. I love all of your cards Michele. I wish we could have a play date, with things slowly getting better I hope we can!

JulieP said...

Wow!!!! All gorgeous!!! I need a playdate....