Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Waffle Flower Crafts - Unexpected Supplies

 


Three of my favorite crafty humans [Jeanne Jachna, Darnell Knauss, and Nora Noll] are challenging us to scrap our stash on our cards for August's challenge!  You'll find all three of their own darling cards using things from their stash HERE

I've had this little bag of Jingle Bells in my stash for about 30 years.  They were part of a Martha Stewart Christmas wreath ... mine involved real Buckeye nuts sent to me from a business associate from Ohio, and these little bells!  I have to say I was happy to NOT get out the drill press for my card!  But I do wish I still had a photo of my 'wreath!'  Oh well.  You're here for the card, right?  lol

Here's a closeup of the bells - and my decorating hamsters, who have kindly strung them on twine for me!



I snipped one of the Wonderful Christmas sentiments in order to change my message to say "Deck the Halls with jingle bells & Holly"  It wasn't hard to do.  Much busier than my usual style, but I feel like the patterned paper, with its Holly dictated the design.  I'm okay with that for a Christmas card!

=]  Michele

Supplies:
Waffle Flower Winter Hamsters combo; Wonderful Christmas sentiment combo; Stitched Diamond Panel die cut from red card stock; and a snippet of very old Dear Lizzy pattern paper.

19 comments:

Mac Mable said...

The holly paper is perfect behind the die cut panel Michele and those hamsters are adorable. Such a creative and fun card and I love how you've done the sentiment with those jingle bells x. Thanks for the smile my friend x.

Darnell said...

I agree, M, that pp is an integral part of your fun and festive design and more than that, Hammy agrees with both of us! He is quite taken with your card and sitting right next to me on top of TWO Waffle Flower hamster sets, still nbu. Gasp! So thank you for the great inspiration and for playing in WFChallenge2108! Hugs, D

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your use of the diamond plate with the fun papers behind, Michele!! So cute with the hamsters holding the jingle bell banner!!

Lisa Elton said...

Yes, the patterned paper peeking through and those jingling hamsters all add to the festive feel! Cute card, Michele!

lostinpaper said...

AND a card that makes sound, how fantastic Michele, can you give it a shke for me GF! lol.

Bonnie said...

Another fantastic die cut background, my friend! Love all the red with the adorable Christmas hamsters! A perfect use for those jingle bells!

Bobby said...

Cutting apart the sentiment to allow for the bells was a brilliant idea, Michele. Darling little hamsters decorating your card.

JulieP said...

This is so festive and fun! Why haven't I tried placing patterned papers behind my cover dies?????

Linda Callahan said...

Deck the halls with bells and holly....falalalalalalalala.....way more fun than just boughs of holly! I am a total jingle bell fan...this is adorable!

conil said...

Your ingenuity continues to amaze me. Using 30 y/o bells on a new and modern Chritmas card is clever beyond words. These hamsters have always been one of my favorites, it's good to see you've put them to work. Just a darling card for the holidays. I'm glad you didn't have to get out your drill, too...that might be dangerous.

HilaryJane said...

Yes, it is definitely fine to do a 'busy' card for Christmas and I love your idea for using the bells, very clever. Love the bold red die cut over the holy paper it works well and doesn't detract from the focal point of the hamsters and bells xx

Marcia Hill said...

It may be busier than your usual style of card, but it totally makes me smile and for Christmas it's just perfect!! Can't believe you kept those bells for all those years...I wouldn't have been able to find them after all that time! Those hamsters are absolutely adorable Michele, and they look wonderful against that bright red die cut background and the dsp! Sweet, sweet card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I am fa la la la la'ing in my head. Those little critters are too cute and I love their string of bells. The holly paper beneath the cover plate is wonderful. I love it.

Brenda said...

Not your usual style, but I am loving this card Michele! It's fun and unexpected. Love the die cut cuties and sentiments as well as the pattern paper peeking through. But it is the bells that get me, love those little bells!! Hugs, Brenda

Jeanne H said...

Such a fun card. Love the bells, a creative way to use them for sure.

Papercraft Boutique said...

Those happy hamsters holding a string of shiny bells are so cute, Michele! The Hollies peeking through the lattice are so festive and changing the sentiment is a clever idea!
Hideko xx

Barb Ghig said...

Oh my goodness, this is such a CUTE card, Michele! Your hamsters are adorable and I love how you strung the jingle bells. Love the pretty patterned papers, too :)

Karen Dunbrook said...

again....super cute and so creative!!
xx Karen

Kinjal Trivedi said...

Wow! the card is going to ring all day :D Absolutely smashing! - Kinjal