Thursday, August 12, 2021

Altenew's Pair a Flower Contest


I'm not sure this will qualify for Altenew's Pair a Flower Contest - perhaps because the 'real' bloom is no longer available for a pose!  Instead, I will share the photograph my husband took, which was my inspiration.  It is in black-and-white. Well what does a girl have to lose?  I'm starting with a closeup of my card!  That debossed panel was a stinker to capture in a photo!


You can see where my inspiration came from,
and my attempt at bringing this lovely photo to paper!


Here is my card with a 'stand in' for the gallery photo - 
taken in black and white, of course:


and finally, my card...


The star of my design is the lovely Sunflower Daisy - stamp & die bundle - stamped in a few of my favorite colors, of course those would be shades of grey!
The black card was cut using Altenew's Rounded Rectangles, and then
debossed with their Dotted Swirls die.  The very last items I should mention are the stem, and sentiment ... both borrowed from their Exotic Tulips set.  

That's it for today, thanks so much for dropping by.  I've had the pleasure of hosting a cousin for a few days.  Tracy is another crafter - we've found so many shared genes - she was kind enough to bring some of the wonderful die sets she has gotten recently from a few of her favorites from HSN.  However, you will have to wait until Halloween to see them - it's killing me not to share!

=]  Michele 

21 comments:

LeAnne said...

This is GORGEOUS! I can see how your hubby's photo was the perfect inspiration! So pretty! And speaking of pretty, thank you for the pretty card you sent! It's a treasure!

Anonymous said...

Wow two artists in one family! Nothing more classic than the beauty of a b/w composition……with shades of gray of course! Gorgeous!

Lisa Elton said...

You and Tom make a great team, but I already knew that! Both your card and his photo are fabulous

lostinpaper said...

Yes, I was a bit surprised that this bloom is no longer available but there is a similar one.... LOVE your B & W BTW!

Mac Mable said...

Wonderful take on DH fabulous photo. The grey stamping along with the debossed black background looks so striking and this is one amazing monochromatic card Michele x. Great that you hosted your cousin and had some fun crafty time x.

Rachelle Oltean said...

WOW - all I can say is WOW! But I will add that this image is so striking in B&W against my favorite debossing plate! Wonderful take on this challenge and fantastic photo inspiration! What an amazing project! Have a great weekend!
Hugs - Rachelle : )

ElizStewart said...

Great photo... your husband is talented!

Marcia Hill said...

LOVE everything about your black & white card Michele...it's perfection!! The pierced background looks awesome with the black & white flower over top, and framed by all that lovely white!! Lovely, lovely card, and I don't understand why Altenew hasn't scooped you up yet as one of their designers!! Hugs. :0)

conil said...

OOOH, I like the black and white vibe. The photos your guy took are wonderful and, yes, they capture the dry embossing. Love the beautiful floral framed by that rounded die. Simply lovely.
Can't wait to see the Halloween cards you and your cousin made. Bet they're humdingers.

Cat Craig said...

Love the greys and b/w photo feel of this card.

Viv said...

Another of your fabulous creations Michele, so sorry I am so late commenting lately too...life got in the way.....yet again, hugs Viv xx

Nora Noll said...

This is stunning!! I LOVE that you used the black and white photo on this.

Bonnie said...

This is stunning, Michele! Love Tom's picture too! You sure are a creative couple!

Brenda said...

Your card is stunning Michele!!! I love it in black and white, and it certainly does justice to that beautiful black and white bloom! I can see the debossing on the black cardstock if I look real close and I love it. I love this whole card! Leave it to you, you knock out challenges all the time as if they are no challenge! I want to be just like you when I grow up. lol Hugs, Brenda

HilaryJane said...

Beautiful photo, your hubby is very talented. your take on it shows great talent too, I love it, you are so clever xx

Papercraft Boutique said...

Michele, I know you're an amazing crafter, but I didn't know Tom was such a great photographer. Stunning daisy card inspired by the picture! The black and white is fresh for a flower card, and the debossed panel is so chic!
Hideko xx

JulieP said...

STUNNING card AND photo!

Ros Crawford said...

You could do black, white and grey all day every day and I would never be bored...Absolutely gorgeous!

Bobby said...

This is stunning, Michele. I know you don't usually enter Just Us Girls but we have a black and white challenge this week and your card would be perfect.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

These photos are so striking 0 both the Tom's and your card. All of the black and white is so gorgeous. Wonderful make for the challenge.

Barb Ghig said...

Great job, my friend! Your card is so gorgeous!!!