Thursday, August 19, 2021

Inspired By #183 - Flower Me in Summer


Now, tell me, who wouldn't love to have this gorgeous arrangement full of Gerbera Daisies??  also the can, the tray?  I'd take it all, thank you very much!  But today, I'll be celebrating those gorgeous Gerbera's by using one of my go-to sets from Uniko!


Today, my attention was drawn to the gorgeous silvery, sage-y leaves in the IB183 photo, too.  I used the coordinating Gerbera leaf dies, cut from PTI's Stormy Sky card stock, and stamped the detail layer in SSS white pigment ink.  A smattering of my favorite gems from Pinkfresh and my job here is done!

If you haven't read about the new Christmas card option from Inspired By, you better check it out - of course, our Sketch option is also a way to get the creative juices going!  I'm on my way there to see which option my teammates have chosen, and to see the Christmas Option IB183C - you'll come, too, won't you?

=]  Michele


These are the inks used today, followed by a bit of detail coloring with pencils.

18 comments:

conil said...

I might have known you'd love everything in this inspiration photo...the greys are glorious with those stunning colorful daisies. And I see you had no trouble recrating it with paper and ink...STUNNING.

Danni Reid said...

Such a stunning card! I love every last detail of your coloring with highlight and the gray is just wow!

Lisa Elton said...

I knew you would have the perfect flower to use this week! Wonderful colors right down to those sagey/gray leaves!

lostinpaper said...

those bright daisies witht the grey are perfect Michele!!

Jeanne said...

Gerbera daisies are among my favorite flowers. Beautiful card to showcase them. Thanks so much for sharing, Michele. Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Marcia Hill said...

I love the inspiration photo (and yes, I would LOVE the tray and watering can also!!), but I love, LOVE your slimline card even more Michele!!! You always use gray so beautifully, and the pops of color from the flowers is the icing on the cake! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Happy Friday! Hugs. :0)

Mac Mable said...

WOW this looks fabulous Michele. As always great take on the photo inspiration and those wonderful flowers, against the sage/silvery leaves, look amazing x.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

What a gorgeous take on that marvelous inspiration photo! I love those Gerberas too! The gray leaves are perfect and so you!

Bonnie said...

I love yellow and red flowers, green too. And I love gerbera daisies. Suffice it to say, I LOVE your slimline card, my friend!

JulieP said...

Nailed it!!!! Loving the grey leaves and your pencils really added such beautiful details.

HilaryJane said...

Ooh, that lovely grey. Look what you have done to me, I never used to rate it at all but your cards have changed that, it iprovides such a wonderful balance to those gorgeous Gerberas, without being too harsh. You are so clever. I have that stamp set, will have to dig it out xx

Bobby said...

I love how you laid those Gerberas out across a slim line card, Michele. And the leaves are scrumptious. Did not know about Stormy Sky cardstock.

Brenda said...

Wow! I'm in love with this slimline card Michele! Those Gerber daisies are fabulous! Love the silvery sage leaves and I can see how you were inspired by the inspiration photo. It is beautiful and so is your card! Hugs, Brenda

Papercraft Boutique said...

Wow, I love this card, Michele! The Gerbera Daisies are so pretty and you captured the leaves and tin can colors and used them in your card so well. The arrangement of the flowers and leaves is perfect for the slimline card!
Hideko xx

Barb Ghig said...

Once again, you've showcased how beautifully gray pairs with so many colors...I love your Gerbera's and the details on your leaves are so pretty, Michele! Gorgeous card, my friend! xx

Linda Callahan said...

Oh those flowey pops of color are fabulous with the gray!

Ros Crawford said...

Oh this is gorgeous! Perfect take on that challenge and a perfect card!

Karen Dunbrook said...

beauty..love the flowers
xx Karen