Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Essentials by Ellen September Release

I'm back at the Ellen Hutson blog, hanging out with a few of my crafty teamies!  Our assignment [who could refuse?] was to play with a the sweet products from the September release... Ellen's Essentials Gingerhouse and coordinating dies fulfilled my assignment sweetly:




I can never resist a Gingerbread cookie, can you?  Today, I baked an entire family, and frosted my card base!


Think six was enough?  think again...


It was quite easy to line up the 'frosted' roof stamp for repeated stamping by heat embossing each section before adding another.   [If you notice a bit of imperfection, you should see my actual piped royal icing... yeeeesh!]

 


 
OH, that sentiment cracks me up! 
 
I created a custom piece of gingerbread cardstock by blending Spiced Marmalade, and Vintage Photo distress inks onto a piece of Neenah Solar White 80# cardstock … finally a time when my terrible blending skills paid off - no two cookies look alike, right?  lol
 
You'll have to excuse me now … I must run by to see the sweetness from my crew at the new EH blog ... oh!  You should come, too!!
 
=]  Michele

14 comments:

Anita in France said...

Ha ... what a brilliant surprise, Michele ... the whole gingerbread family hanging (tee hee) out together ... they're adorable ... and so well dressed! I'm wondering ... are they edible ... they sure look it ... yum! Hugs, Anita :)

donna mikasa said...

Oh my! I swear I can smell your gingerbread family all the way here! What a delightful card and I love how the roof matches your blog's background ;)

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, they look good enough to eat!! That sounds a bit cannibalistic LOL, but you get my drift! CUTE, CUTE ,CUTE ~ love it!!

Cat Craig said...

Nice...You achieved at lease on my screen the perfect shade! And I love that you went for the whole dozen...or was it a bakers? Is there one hiding inside?

Jeanne said...

Oh goody, goody, gumdrops! A fantastic gingerbread family hanging out together making people smile. What a delicious treat! Your gingerbread colors are spot on! :) Love every single detail, Michele. :) Hugs!

Brenda said...

How sweet is this card?!!! I love it Michele and yes, I do love gingerbread cookies. How can one not?! Your roof stamping looks so great, great job on the piping. lol But it is the gingerbread men/women all lined up on the twine that have stolen my heart. So cute! Then just when I think it doesn't get any better, I scroll down and see the back of the card. OMGosh, that is so funny! Love the "not gluten free"!!! Hugs, Brenda

~amy~ said...

YUM to Gingerbread! What a SWEET card and I love the Gluten Free sentiment.

Linda Callahan said...

Oh so yummy! Adorable!

Lindsey said...

So cute! What a fun idea to have them extend to the front and the back!

Barb Ghig said...

I think your blending skills are fabulous, Michele...and your gingerbread kids are so CUTE! Love your repeat stamping on the rooftop, too...super sweet cards (pun intended)!

Ivana Camdzic said...

Now this is the kind of baking and frosting I'd be happy to do anytime! Totally saving this for future ideas - love it to bits, Michele!!

Karren said...

Totally adorable! And so glad it's not gluten free - I'm a glute from way back :)

Papercraft Boutique said...

Michele, how delightful and cute this Gingerbread cookie family is!! And what a big family! :-D
Fantastic job with the "frosted" roof! I can't cook or bake but I may be able to make "this kind" of cookies!
Hideko xx

Bobby said...

Love your custom colored ginger people, Michele. Love the sentiments too.