Thursday, February 9, 2017

W&W 3rd Birthday! A tale of two Ks

w&w_b3rdb_challengefinal

This is my last post for today ... promise!!  I know I've been invading your space, but I LOve Winnie & Walter, and every one of the Birthday Bash Challenges!

You may wonder about my blogpost title:  A tale of two Ks... Kerren Baker, and Kelly Griglione have Two different Challenges:  Off the Page ... and Stencil!  You must run over to see their beautiful creations!!!  for some reason Blogger isn't playing nice with copy/paste today!

I've combined those two Challenges, and created one card that fits both ... ready?  First a close-up so you can see the acetate addition, and my favorite way of using W&W's Creative Screenings - a.k.a. stencils.

Inside:  "SO colorful!"

was dry-embossed onto my cardstock,
and those darling butterflies, and my tag, are from
see how they magically change color as they leave the page!?
Another perfect word:  Friend[s] from
 
 
I hope it's okay with you girls that I've combined your Challenges ... both wonderful - but I think you play cards beautifully together!  xx
 
=]  Michele
 
 
Supplies:
Paper:  a bit of packing cardboard for the card base!  [thanks Michelle Leone!] and a very old, much loved Cosmo Cricket, vellum from PTI
Clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh
 

 




19 comments:

_michelleomurray said...

Lovely card, Michele!
I'm new to your blog and look forward to all the inspiration I know is coming!!

Nora Noll said...

You have had a lot of fun playing cards lately! I LOVE the gray on gray and the touch of pink on the butterflies. This is just amazing design!! LOVE!!

Kelly Griglione said...

Ack! Michele!!! Your card is gorgeous with the tone on tone and layers, yes. Your card is clever with using the stencil not for ink, but for dry embossing, yes. But what i LOVE most is the STORY it tells!!! Everything makes sense when you read the inside!! Magical. Thoughtful. Intentional. All these reasons why I love it so much!!! Gah! Xo

Lisa Elton said...

Are there no limits to your creativity!!??!! This is an amazing card Michele. Love that the butterflies get their color as the break free, what a fun design element! I'll think of them as the two of us escaping on some exciting crafty shopping adventure!!

TaeEun said...

This card is so beautiful, Michele! Dream in gray! Dry embossing using a stencil is new to me! I It worked great on your card!

Sharron said...

Stunning, Michele! Love your creative use of neutrals. The colorful little butterflies are genius!!

Keren Baker said...

This is amazing! Love the storytelling on your card. I wish I'd thought of something like this as it's superbly creative! I think combining the challenges has resulted in something really clever. Bravo!!! 👏 👏 👏 xxx

Michele K. Henderson said...

This is really creative, Michele! I love how you made the butterflies look as if they are floating in mid-air!

Donna said...

And who doesn't love butterflies, my lovely blog friend?
Such a lovely card. Great texture and visual interest. x

Jeanne said...

Happy Sigh....I love butterflies. And these are so sweet. Your card is absolutely fantastic Michele. I so admire your creativity and sense of fun and whimsy. Truly wonderful work here. Hugs!

LeAnne said...

What a fun creation....didn't invade my space at all! Such pretty butterflies, too! I LOVE the ones that are fluttering off the page!

Maryam said...

Love your card , gourgous, unique and classy card.

Bobby said...

Maybe you should be on the W & W design team, Michele. You show off their products beautifully. This card is so gorgeous and creative.

Viv said...

Great card Michele,love the design and pretty little touches 😀 Viv xx

Brenda said...

Wow!!! What a beautiful card Michele!!!! I love the acetate "ribbon" with the butterflies floating on it! How beautiful and clever!!!!! I'm in love with that tag die-of course I want it! The embossing folder you used is amazing and I love it and want it too. Like I NEED another embossing folder! Yep, you got a winner with this one my friend. Hugs, Brenda

Karren said...

So beautiful and textured! Dry-embossing the stencil is such a clever idea - I must try that one day!

Barb Ghig said...

Another clever creation, Lucy :) I love the effects of your embossed stencil, and how you played with the butterflies! Beautiful muted color palette, too! Such a lovely friend card...WOW!

Cat Craig said...

Saw this on FB first, and now that I know the challenge it was for...well wozers! I am looking so forward to playng.

Megan said...

Such an elegant, pretty card!