Monday, August 1, 2016

Two challenges on a Monday!!

First of all, I am in a hurry, which is good for you as I won't be as chatty =]  Yesterday, I had a chance to get crafty with a few challenges that have been front and center on my desk:

Up first:  Sugar Pea Designs Mix it Up #9:


Cute as can be, but makes my tongue hurt just a bit in memory of a VERY bad decision as a child ... since some of you may be squeamish, I won't get into it ...  here's my mix-between-the-two card:

Hope you can see the WOS frost here ..
Gift Tag Die [the tie in this case] and
two of the Stitched Flags to create my Twin-Pop!
Embossing folders to create the ridges on the popsicle,
and panels as in the sketch.
Inside sentiment:
"So many treats in life are better shared with a friend!"
 
Next was a 'must do' as I was so honored by Lisa Elton recently ... is there a better feeling that you may have inspired something beautiful?  Me thinks not!
  
Here is where it all started, at ColourQ #352:
 
Oh!  do I love this dress!  the colors were a challenge in itself, as I don't have one of them ... off to the inks to have a little mixing! 
 
 The ever gorgeous Concord & 9th 'You are Enough' stamp and You've got This die
 
Here is where it gets tricky ... the photography, and low light!  In your hands, you'd see the lovely WOS that make the sentiment glisten... you'll have to take my word that the colors are a bit closer i.r.l.  =]  Thanks Lisa, for your inspiration, your part in making me believe this sentiment, and special friendship!
 
Off to the races ... Monday = laundry day 'round here!
 
Hope you have a great start to your week ... your visits always help me!
 
=]  Michele
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 

20 comments:

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Two very different designs, but, both equally as good in their own ways! The first is a great mix from the challenge and such a fun project! The second, beautiful colour combo and that gorgeous, flower! Have a lovely week my friend! Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Cat Craig said...

I love how you built your popsicles Michele, and your second card...I just love that loose watercolor background. I'll meet ya at the dryers. Laundry day for me too!

Marybeth said...

Both are awesome! Love both color combos and Lisa’s card is gorgeous as well!

Karen B. said...

Your 2nd card is so soft and pretty!

Patti said...

Two fantastic cards!! I LOVE your popsicle treat! It was brilliant to use and EF to achieve the perfect look!! and wowwwie your ColourQ take is stunning!

Have fun in the laundry room! I'm waving from mine : )

Patti

Unknown said...

Michelle, Such cratiness I love the twin pop card and all of the tools in the craft room you used to pull it off........ super cute.

lostinpaper said...

You are making me hungry and it's only 5.30 in the morning lol.

Michelle said...

Love both cards! Your flower composition is beautiful! Thanks for joining us at ColourQ!

Lisa Elton said...

Hmmm, those frosty treats look like they are a yummy berry flavor!! Cute summer card. And how dog gone sweet of you to give me a shout out! You DID inspire me and now you've done it again!!You card is so soft and lovely. Perfectly charming Michele!

Happy Dance said...

"Thtuck, thtuck, THTUCK!!!! At least it wasn't a flagpole... Your twinpop looks delicious. Rich and creamy. Love the embossed polkies too. Your card for CQ is gorgeous. LOVE what you've done with the color palette, and that blossom is stunning. Well done you! Later dudette! Bev

LeAnne said...

Both are gorgeous! Very creative interpretations! And my mind is reeling with the possibilities of your childhood error, LOL!

Lisa Elton said...

It's me again!! Popped back over to thank you for joining us at ColourQ!! I was so overwhelmed at the beauty of your card that I forgot to do this earlier!!

Aileen said...

Michele, this flower card with the watercolour background is totally amazing. Fallen in love with the colours, flower and fantastic sentiment.

Nora Noll said...

I am loving how you thought outside of the box with those dies on the first card. SO CUTE!! Your second card is just STUNNING!! I love how you colored the flower and then used that fabulous die cut sentiment. LOVELY design-as usual!!

Chriss Blagrave said...

There you go with your stunning colour and textures! Amazing art ❤️

Brenda said...

Wow! What a clever girl you are with the ice cream card! I love how it came out and I'm in awe of it. You certainly rocked this one my friend!! Then the second card, well could it be any more stunning?!!! I love the beautiful colors you mixed, and I love that image and sentiment. Yep, you rocked this one as well! Shucks, I love when you get chatty, perhaps because I am chatty too. lol Hugs, Brenda

Bobby said...

Those ice cream bars are darling, Michele, and I think I know where you were going with that tongue story, not that I have a similar one. The way you used the challenge colors with the bloom looks wonderful.

Tracey McNeely said...

I don't get squeamish so message me your story! I have guesses though. Love your Neapolitan Popsicles! You second card be still my heart it is so so s gorgeous! Want to make one just like it, have the stamp but not the die!

Tracey McNeely said...

...and thank you for sharing with us T the colourQ!

Barb Ghig said...

My goodness, I've really gotten behind...I know I keep saying that you're so clever, but you really are SO CLEVER, Michele! You're ice cream pops are totally fabulous, and your 2nd card is over the top gorgeous!!! You couldn't have paired your flower with a more perfect sentiment...one of my all time faves of yours, my friend :)