Friday, February 6, 2015

The Card Concept #28

Another bit of gorgeous photography at The Concept ... who wouldn't love to have this beauty delivered on Valentine's Day??

 
My husband has this little gizmo called a Spyder installed on our computer that will assist him with editing photos he takes... Tom is color deficient... I am not. Having said that, and you're probably wondering "why did she say that?" I surely hope that I'm seeing these colors as I should... at any rate... For The Card Concept #28:
 
 
Since I only have two pinks in my supplies, I'm hoping this Versamark Pixie Dust will show up enough to see here! 
 
Lots of supplies again... sorry... had to play with a new to me PTI stamp set called Botanical Blocks.  I heat embossed MFT's Romantic Script first on the white cardstock, then selectively stamped the rose first, in pink, then the entire stamp in SU Crumb cake... add a tiny bit of water - done. 
 
I'm happier with it than I thought I would be when I started, and think the SSS Smoke CS looks fantastic as a base for these soft colors. Wait! I'll bet it's the embossed kraft-wood... you know how much I'm enjoying that little technique.


23 comments:

Anita in France said...

Soft, elegant and downright lovely, Michele! Anita :)

lostinpaper said...

Pure elegance Michele!

Kristie Goulet said...

WOW! You totally captured the colors in the inspiration photo! Such a gorgeous card. Love how you made the main panel with the rose and of course the woodgrain panel. :)

Kristie Goulet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristie Goulet said...

Oh ya, thanks for sharing your card with us at TCC :)

Gaylynn said...

Oh my, this is gorgeous. Love the way your rose is the centerpiece and with such soft colors. :)

Joyce said...

Absolutely gorgeous. Love how you got all those layers of inking and interest on your focal point.

Chriss Blagrave said...

Oh Michel, this card is stunning! Loving your wood grain and that text block, fabulous results with your stamping and embossing! Oh, and the colours are spot on :)

Bobby said...

Lovely, lovely elements on this card, Michele. Only two pinks? Say it isn't so. Oh, and wait til you see my woodgrain when I post my card for this challenge.

cm said...

...THUD! Jaw-dropping, breath-taken-away, fallen-out-of-my chair AWE at your gorgeous card! So many details to delight in: the lovely rose, the background, the kraft paper, the grey...simple, yet complex in the most elegant way. I'm in love...again!
Hugs~c

Tracey McNeely said...

Absolutely stunning Michele! Such an elegant card, the twine and sentiment are perfect. Thank you for sharing with us at the Card Concept!

Taunya Butler said...

I totally agree and concur with the emotions and sentiments of your previous commenters - this jaw-droppingly exquisite and full of beauty!! Love it and think your creations are always amazing and never disappoint!!! Have an awesome weekend!!!

Marika said...

Stunning Michele! Only two pink inks... How have you survived...? :)

~amy~ said...

This is a beauty!!!

Brenda said...

Wow, this is stunning Michele! I would say you got the colors spot on! I love the grey stitched background, the kraft wood grain is perfect to sit the botanical block on. Your pink rose is so gorgeous and I really love the scripty stamp you stamped on. You knocked this one out the park Michele! Hugs, Brenda

Cat Craig said...

I am not generally a pastel kinda gal, but wow this is gorgeous. That wood panel behind your main floral is such a perfect frame. Again, wow.

Lisa Elton said...

Ummmm....WOW!!! There's nothing else to say...WOW!!!

LauraJane:) said...

Swooning! So glad you joined us at TCC!

LauraJane:) said...

Swooning! So glad you joined us at TCC!

Kerin said...

WOW what a gorgeous rose!! Your card is so beautiful. Thanks for joining us this week at The Card Concept :)

Pia S said...

I think this card has a great mix of a modern clean feel and a romantic shabby chic kind of look. Your design is nothing but brilliant!!

Darnell said...

Another amazing design, Michele! I think you interpreted the colors brilliantly!! Hugs, Darnell

Angela said...

You should be very happy with this extraordinary creation, Michele! You hit all of the beautiful muted colors and your design is perfect! Thank you for sharing with us at The Card Concept!