Monday, February 9, 2015

Papertrey Ink's 8th Anniversary

Since I just got a shipment from Papertrey, it only seemed fitting that I join the rest of you to celebrate their anniversary. 

Though the set I recently purchased isn't a new one in their collection, I have been wanting Botanical Blocks for a very long time... guess what?  It is MINE all mine!  Along with a nice package of their Linen vellum - finally found it in stock!! New stamp, new vellum, first time inked... play on!



For this premier use I chose to stamp the sunflower image with Versamark onto the linen vellum, then white heat-emboss it.  I then colored it from the back side. Love this technique - even prettier with the texture of the linen coming through - it was further enhanced by mounting it to a piece of PTI kraft cardstock.

Happy anniversary, PTI - I adore your company, your design team, the fabulous blog - well, everything about you! 

There's another take on the same technique that I'm sending over to Time Out ... see you there!



 

19 comments:

Annheidel said...

Pretty card! I love how it looks on the vellum.

Linda said...

Very pretty. The vellum is so classy and have you seen all the new vellum they have out for this release?

Anita in France said...

The white embossing on the vellum is so lovely, Michele ... and the image is so beautifully coloured ... it's just beautiful! Anita :)

victoria h said...

Beautiful card

Marybeth said...

This one is gorgeous too! When I first got that set I couldn’t stop using it! Love all the dry embossing.

Chriss Blagrave said...

Totally beautiful Michele! I love white embossing, love vellum, love sunflowers...awesome EF too :)

Taunya Butler said...

What an incredible card - definitely love that coloring on the back of the vellum trchnique!! So cool to see how lovely this card turned out!! Simply gorgeous!!

Connie MacFarlane said...

This is lovely! Great job.

Joanne said...

Love your card - everything about it

Birgit said...

This is so pretty! Your coloring is fabulous. I didn't even know they had a linen vellum. I'll have to try to find it on their site.

Karen said...

This is gorgeous!

Cat Craig said...

Another gorgeous creation.

Sharron said...

Love this one stamped on the vellum and your coloring is wonderful! Beautiful card!!

~amy~ said...

this is AMAZING.

Kristie Goulet said...

So beautiful! LOVE the coloring on the backside of the vellum! Such a great technique!

Bobby said...

I thought about those botanicals when they first came out and decided no. Now I'm thinking they would be great, especially since I love to watercolor. Yours are beautifully colored, Michele.

Brenda said...

Another wow! I am so loving this one too!! I swear I am going to have to go shopping, I haven't bought anything from PTI in a long time-to long. lol Hugs, Brenda

Joyce said...

Another stunner. OK, not complaining about all the inspiration--pin!

cm said...

Stunning in every way, Michele! You've certainly allowed that *all yours* beautiful botanical to take the spotlight! Absolutely gorgeous! In awe...
Hugs~c