Monday, December 29, 2014

Thanks and CTS#104

I'm going to make this a quick one... since I got just a little out of breath on the last post =/

CAS(E) this Sketch #104 had me thinking, cutting, discarding, and carding again... Leigh, you've done your challenging best on this one!

 
All of the designers made fabulous, inspirational cards for us!  So why is it that I struggled so?  I think I was just out of practice after a full week of no-crafting!!
 
A darling friend from France sent me an extra little package for Christmas... I just had to incorporate one of her intricate little "thanks" into my card...
 

Using an Old Olive card base adding a few little hearts to provide the detail Leigh had in her sketch, and gold embossing that gorgeous die cut... mission accomplished - a card, and a thank you!!  

16 comments:

~amy~ said...

How pretty, that 'thanks' is so very delicate....gorgeous work.

cm said...

Your card is stunning, Michelle...the hearts are incredibly pretty, and pairing them with the Old Olive paper is a wonderful combination that allows that gorgeous 'thanks' to shine. WOW!
Hugs~ c

joy said...

So nice to see a card made from a colored card base for a change. The hearts really pop against the green and the gold thanks looks extra rich on it, too.

lostinpaper said...

This is clean & simple perfection Michele and the die cut 'thanks' is... Ooh la la! I can't see any struggle from here lol.

Chriss Blagrave said...

Stunning sentiment that compliments this CAS beauty! Love❤️

Tenia Nelson said...

So so pretty!!

Hannelie said...

WOW! Being a lover of all fabulous fonts, you must know what caught my eye on this beauty Michele
Happy 2015 to you... and thanks for your support in 2014!

Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) this sketch!

Kim Heggins said...

Gorgeous card...I love those beautiful hearts and that thanks is amazing.

Bobby said...

It's a beautiful card, Michele. I love the dainty thanks die and the hearts on the olive really pop. Happy New Year!

Brenda said...

Not sure where you were struggling at Michele, cause your card is fabulous and I love your take on the sketch! The colors comb is awesome and I love that "thanks". Hugs, Brenda

Deepti said...

So pretty! Love the color combo, Hope u have a very Happy New Year !

Tracey McNeely said...

Happy New Year Michelle and your cards is so gorgeous! Wishing you and Tom and happy and healthy 2015!! xoxo

Happy Dance said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! So did you go out and celebrate? Hope you have a fantastic 2015! And this card...another stunning creation! The slender gold 'thanks' against the green is amazing. You've got the touch, girl. Love this!!! Let's talk soon. Bev

Anita in France said...

Yay, Michele ... your little package arrived ... I'm delighted! And oh my, that thanks is so gorgeous in gold ... will steal *oops*, I mean use that idea ... looks fabulous against the rich green and so lovely with those pretty paisley hearts! Your card arrived here too ... thank you so, so much ... will email to let you know how I appreciate it! Anita :)

Marybeth said...

Oh my Gosh this is stunning! Wow....truly beautiful!

Leigh Penner said...

This is gorgeous! Fabulous take on the sketch!