Thursday, December 18, 2014

Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge - Candy Cane

And me, without a single candy cane - stamp or die!!

I did find a little candy cane left over from Christmas 2013 in one of the grandkids stockings when I hung them by the fireplace last weekend. I made the mistake of not throwing it away immediately...

   Tom: "Hey! I didn't know they made gummy candy canes!" 
   Me: "Please tell me you didn't eat that."

Never let a little thing like not having supplies hold you back - I am heretofore done buying [for the year! =]

I can't stop playing with the newest Mama Elephant dies... this time I left the window/door closed but placed a slip of vellum on the back to look like frosted glass.  I like the result... what do you think?

Curtain Call - Candy Cane [colors]:

Clearly Besotted laurel and bow; PTI sentiment.
 

15 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, I love this!

Ardyth said...

Stunning. Simply stunning!

Barb said...

Oh, wow! I think its amazing! An absolutely gorgeous card, Michele!

Katie said...

That is BEAUTIFUL!

~amy~ said...

oh no, he didn't really eat it, did he?
This is gorgeous, so crisp & elegant!

Tracey McNeely said...

Michele + windows = AWESOMESAUCE! Thank you for joining us at the Curtain Call!

Brenda said...

Yuck to the old candy cane! lol But that's guy for you! I love your window card Michele! The vellum works so well in the window giving that frosty look. I love the wreath too and your red ribbon works great for a substitute for the candy cane. Yep, this is a beautiful card with that little touch of red! Hugs, Brenda

Deepti said...

Ah so pretty! u work wonders with the windows

Kristie Goulet said...

STUNNING!!! LOVE this, Michelle!!! So pretty!!!

Darnell said...

I think this is your best card ever, Michele! It's certainly my favorite you've done and so a winner, again! You rock as a designer and your execution is always impeccable! I aspire!! And thank you so much for the awesome woodgrain Christmas card you sent me! It really is flocking awesome!! lol! Happy Holiday Hugs, Darnell

Bobby said...

Candy canes are over-rated. I like this much better. In fact, I adore it in all it's gorgeousness.

Shona Chambers said...

If this doesn't win the challenge I will eat the old lollies I found in some Santa decorations!! Modern, crisp, stylish, original.....shall I go on....I love everything about it and I agree with Darnell, this is one of your best cards yet! Yay you!!!

Helen Gullett said...

Wow... Wow.... This is gorgeous!

Anita in France said...

Clunk! Chin hitting floor moment, Michele ... stunning just doesn't seem to say enough ... how about SIMPLY STUNNING! Anita :)

Joyce said...

This is absolutely stunning. I just love the vellum, and the pop of red in all that stark white.