Sunday, June 15, 2014

Surprise!!

What a nice surprise... I'm waking up, having my first cuppa and browsing through some unread bloglovin' posts when, there! What? I see one of my cards!!  This one:
And suddenly, I'm a Rock Star. . . a Retro Sketches Rock Star =]
 
Today, I also wanted to share a little trick I use when I don't want to add dimensionals which can be a little thick when you want to mail a card.  We all occasionally have this on our craft tables:
I turn them into this:
And adhere strips of them around a layer to give a little lift.  Or do this, when I just want to lift the die cuts:
When adding Tombo, I apply it to the debossed area to create thickness, then the embossed dots to add to the card.  Here is how that turns out:
If you look closely, you'll see the background paper I've created for the inside using Word.  I do this often for the card front, too:
 
This is one of a set I made called "It's all about you."  The sentiment inside? 
               " Yes it is all about you...Today. Tomorrow, we go back to me, me, me!" 
 
I'll submit this one: to Muse this week as my homage to Therese's lovely inspiration card.
 

Happy Father's day, to my daddy in Heaven.  I'll be thinking about you all day long.  Wish you could have met Tom, Dad... he is honored to be number two dad on my list =]
 
 

14 comments:

Ardyth said...

Gorgeous cards, as always! Love the dp you've used for your Muse card - so glad you joined us this week!

Jacquie Southas said...

Beautiful Muse card!

Anonymous said...

A BIG congrats on your rock star status, how exciting! Love your fabulous cards and thanks so much for the tips and tricks, you are a genius!

I Card Everyone said...

Not genius, but the old "necessity is the mother" adage works well here, doesn't it? =] So happy you stopped by... love your inspiration card at Muse, and Ruby has stolen my heart!

I Card Everyone said...

Oh so happy to see your smiling face here, Jacquie! Thanks, please come over again - I'll make coffee =]

I Card Everyone said...

Oh I love that paper, too, Ardyth - makes me wish I'd gotten more than one sheet =] did you notice it again on my Rock Star card?

See you tomorrow!

Shona Chambers said...

Your Muse card is stunning! I love the colours you chose...did you stamp the triangles or was the paper already printed? Either way you have die cut and lined up the pattern perfectly. Well done!

I Card Everyone said...

Hi Shona - thanks so much... it is a printed paper that I also wish I had more of! I bought a single 12x12 piece! Ugh.

Deborah Frings said...

I love your take on the Muse card - the colours are gorgeous. Great tip too!

Anonymous said...

Michele, I love the colors in all of your cards. The second one is my favorite. Great job.

Julie B said...

Great job piecing the lettering in line with the DP. :)

I Card Everyone said...

Thanks, Julie...I just die cut the YOU from the DP and lifted it using my faux dimensional trick. I had more fun coloring those birds so they would blend right in... I must have done a fair job, as no one has mentioned them =]

Tracey McNeely said...

Ii am so sorry, playing catch up. These are all wonderful, I LOVE that 'you' die cut and t he fun ways that 'you' used them! the yellow is fantastic!

I Card Everyone said...

YOU have been a busy crafter, so you come over whenever you have the chance, because I appreciate it so. =]