Monday, June 23, 2014

Colour me... Yes!


I've been challenging myself with color/colour challenges and, also, to use all these patterned papers that seem to have been loved once and kicked to the corner.


Colour Me - Subtle has used two shades of pink: strawberry and pale pink, and added pool party, a pale blue/green.  Needless to say, I didn't have any of those.  But, ta da, I found an awesome patterned paper from another TJ Maxx find from DCWV that not only had the colors but hints of fish-scale like patterns... did anyone else notice the fish in the inspiration photo?  

When I'm in the craft cave, I have a little 19" tv/monitor that I normally have tuned in to the Food Network, or Turner Classic Movies.  I certainly haven't seen many of these oldies-but-goodies but often times recognize some of the songs from them.  Today "Taking a Chance on Love" caught my ear.  It may have inspired this card for Time Out Challenge #8.  It's so much fun CASE-ing Donna Mikasa - her cards so often inspire me.  So I'm taking a chance on LOVE!


One last card for today.  Promise.  This one for CASE Study #196.


I took the liberty of making my own little sentiment flag for the hot-air balloon, added a touch of Winnie & Walter and, on the inside:  "I'm already blown away BY you!" 


Have I mentioned how much I'm blown away by your friendly stop-overs?  Thanks so much for leaving comments... it gets me through the day with a smiley face...
 =] Michele

9 comments:

Anita in France said...

Goodness, you've been so creative and productive, Michele ... what a wonderful trio of cards! How gorgeous is that DP ... and what a coincidence they're the perfect colours for Colour Me! Love the colour blocking with gold detailing ... and oh my, such crisp texture and dimension on your final card! Anita :)

My Paper Epiphany said...

Fabulous cards. Your Case study card is perfect and great sentiment!

Nonni said...

Very cool CASE, I love the color blocking and the cute butterflies. Thanks for taking TIME OUT and joining our challenge!

Michelle said...

Beautiful cards, Michele! That patterned paper in your first card is beautiful!

anja curvers said...

Wow great cards but I love that sentence in your last card. Thanks for joining us over at case study.

donna mikasa said...

I'm thrilled that you took the time to CASE my card, and I LOVE the results! Who knew that a song could inspire you? ;)

Jeanne J. said...

Wow! Three very different cards. The first two are so clean. Love the gold on the second. And then BAM the last one with all the wonderful detailed images and layers! Great way to show off your skills girl!

Tracey McNeely said...

Gorgeous cards Michele! Your Time Out CASE of Donna is fantatic with embossing! Great job with CASE Study too! Michele send me an email so i can respond to your question about Brooklyn jtmcneely at rogers dot com.

Kelly Griglione said...

Gorgeous cards, Michele! And they're all so different too. Your CASE of Donna is spot-on. Love your w&w stamps : )