Friday, June 6, 2014

Pop

I lost my dad when I was just 30 years old.  There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of him and smile... he was the best, and taught me all of my coloring skills - yes, he colored with me nearly every day, teaching me shading, blending, and how to trace over the outside lines to make the image "pop."  He never once used the term "don't go outside the lines" during our time together.  Dad was 52 when I was born - I'm number nine =]  After you pick your jaws up, here's my dad:

 
Father's day weekend, he'll be gone 32 years. Dear God, I love that man.
 
Twenty-two years ago, I met Tom and was blessed to be given the gift of having a Dad again.  No, he's not a replacement for mine, but someone who is always there when we need him for heavy lifting, or thinking, and [my favorite] a chatty chat on the phone =]
 
Thanks to Vicki Dutcher for the inspiration this week, here is the card I made for my father-in-law, and the Muse challenge this week:
 
A few perfect words from W&W, Mama Elephant's Sketchy letters, and
newsprint background stamp, and ink from Hero Arts.
Zigzag die from MFT
 



9 comments:

Ardyth said...

Love this in the neutral colours. And thanks for sharing the back story - it's great to get to know you a little bit better! (and thanks for the embossed c/s tip - definitely going to use that one!) So glad you joined us at Muse this week!

Michelle said...

Beautiful card to go with a beautiful story! It sounds like your Dad was an amazing man. And your father-in-law sounds pretty awesome, too!

Anita in France said...

What a lovely post, Michele ... a great tribute to your Dad and to your FIL! Another wonderful 'grey period' card ... cool, sophisticated, and a fabulous mix of fonts! Anita :)

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

You are lucky to have had such an amazing dad - love your card!

Kate said...

Love that you used a different color way looks great :) xx

I Card Everyone said...

Thanks for stopping by... here is more: three of my grandparents are Canadian =]

Taunya Butler said...

This card looks so great - I really like the shades of gray! Taunya Butler at http://daisiesgirl.com

Vicki Dutcher said...

Oh he will love this card! I hope he reads what you wrote too - glad you found a fabulous FIL and that I inspired you for this awesome card! Thanks so much for joining in at Muse!

Susanne Vargas said...

Beautiful story and beautiful card!