Friday, May 14, 2021

Playing Cards, and remembering Friends

 


Playing with, and Remembering Friends*


I am so happy to be Playing Cards with my friend Bonnie Klass today!  Bonnie is a wonderful card-maker, and friend!  I'm always delighted by her creations at Stamping with Klass.  She does leave really wonderful, encouraging messages for me here.

Memorial Day is when we remember those lost in service to our country.  Sadly, this last year, around the world so many have been lost to a different battle: Covid, and other terrible diseases, too.  Today, Bonnie and I are remembering those we've lost, and all of you, our friends, that we depend on to get us through another day, in one way or another.

I lost a dear blogging friend to cancer in February.  Today I'm remembering Chriss, and thinking of all of our wonderful Monday telephone chats - you are missed, my sweet friend.  

Here are the parameters of my day of playing cards with Bonnie:

  • Memorial Day  - in memory of someone special
  • Poppy – any brand

  • Must include a die cut
  • Friendship card
In April, my friend Marcia came over to craft with me.  I knew she would have Poppies that were different from those I had.  She brought two... here is the one I chose for my card today:


Sadly, there aren't dies for this set, Bonnie!  I had to resort to fussy-cutting!
So, I stamped it onto my card front, then stamped another, and attached it
with a little lift!

MFT Pretty Poppies - no longer available

Thank you, Bonnie, for playing cards with me today!  I depend on you, and all my blogging friends to keep me smiling with your kindness, and wonderful creations!
I'll never forget the encouragement from you when I needed it the most!

I'm on my way to see Bonnie's poppies - I can't wait another second!
You'll all join me, right?

=]  Michele 

* I found this photo on the internet here - sadly there isn't any name to credit who actually took the photo!

26 comments:

Bonnie said...

WOW! Not only is this poppy brilliant, but I'm impressed you fussy cut it and added dimension! I love that you have the anthem on your card! Awesome, my friend and it's so fun to stamp with you! Wish we lived next door to each other!

Pat said...

I have visited Bonnie to see you have been 'playing cards' together Michele and I love your poppies with the lovely hand written words and the fussy cut and added dimensional poppy head..such a pretty card! We all have dear family and friends whom we have lost and want to remember, and this is a wonderful and very creative way to do it. x

conil said...

What a lovely remembrance of those who have gone before. May they be recalled with love and respect.
Your card is pristine...and, fussy cutting or die, perfect. That tall wispy stem and the text are ideal for a slimline. The sentiment is one that would bolster anyone. Off to see Bonnie's.

sandie said...

This is a wonderful idea and so heartfelt. You are an inspiration to us all. I love how CAS and bold this is and adore how one of the poppies is off the edge-off to see Bonnie now xx

Dotty Jo said...

This is gorgeous! Bonnie is currently my elf over at CKC, Jo x

Cat Craig said...

Beautifully done Michele. I'm off to see Bonnie's version.

HilaryJane said...

What an amazing vibrant poppy, such crisp stamping and really accurate fussy cutting. Your finished card is stunning. It is so important to take time to remember people. I am glad you did. I shall hop over and see Bonnie's card now xx

lostinpaper said...

Sooo very beautiful Michele, I love that poppies are for remembering and these are gorgeous!

Linda Callahan said...

What a wonderful sentiment....and your poppies are gorgeous! Off to visit Bonnie - I love her work!

Marcia Hill said...

You made this stamp set shine Michele and your fussy cutting is wonderful!! CAS and just absolutely BEAUTIFUL! As is this post...what a great way to honor those we've loved and have passed on! Off to check out what Bonnie did!! Hugs. :0)

Lisa Elton said...

Love the text and the way you've used it with those pretty poppies! This is an eye catching card, Michele and extra pretty!

Papercraft Boutique said...

What a wonderful way to remember Chriss and the friendship with her, Michele! She must be smiling and happy to see this card.
Love the unique design with the vibrant and beautiful poppies on the right and the long script on the left side of the slimline card.
I'm off to see Bonnie's poppies.
Hideko xx

nancy littrell said...

Your blooming poppies are so beautiful and filled with love for your dear friend. She is now enjoying your gorgeous cards from heaven and will treasure your card. TFS my friend. I agree...Bonnie is soooo very talented, fun and special just like you! Love and Hugs...Nancy

Jeanne said...

What a beautiful and evocative rememberance to your friends and all the people who have been so sadly affected by Covid. You lift us all up with the beauty, elegance and even humor in your cards to help us get through. You are a gift. Thank you for sharing.

Birgit said...

This is beautiful Michele and a wonderful ode to your friend Chriss and others who've touched our lives in the crafting world. It's heartwarming to think of the friendships that are made here.

Loll said...

Gorgeous card Michele! LOVE the amazing poppies that you fussy-cut. They are beautifully bright and uplifting! Gorgeous paired with the script on the side. Great work! xx

Mac Mable said...

What a beautiful and thoughtful card. So sorry about your friend Chriss x. I love the vibrancy of the red on the poppies, against the crisp white card x. Always great to play and craft with friends and what a lovely friend in Bonnie to craft with x.

Bobby said...

I always love a pretty poppy. This one looks great with part of it popped up, Michele. The word banner down the side is an interesting and wonderful touch.

Jeanne H said...

What a wonderful card in tribute to your friend. How lucky you are to create with Bonnie who also does great work. I do love your red poppies. I lost my older brother last Fall and my younger one a few years ago. Will go the the Fort Snelling National Cemetery to honor him; both guys were vets. Thanks for sharing.

My Paper Epiphany said...

Gorgeous card! Perfect for remembering! Hugs x

JulieP said...

Love, love, love the script! Beautiful bold poppy too. Lovely card.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Gorgeous! Just gorgeous! As are the sentiments in your post. Love Bonnie's card too...

Ros Crawford said...

A perfect sentiment for those poppies and a perfect card ... Happy that you are sill playing with friend even far away.

Karen Dunbrook said...

so lovely....can't wait for my poppies to bloom. They are like a pink tissue paper!
hope you are keeping well.
xx Karen

Tracey McNeely said...

So glad you had fun playing cards with Bonnie. You poppy card is so pretty!

TK said...

Another beautiful card, the design is fantastic - love the vertical print.