Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Pinkfresh Studio May 2021 Challenge - take two!

 

Hello my friends!  I'm seeing some wonderful cards in the Pinkfresh Studio May 2021 Challenge gallery!  One more attempt on my part couldn't hurt - my wish-list is very long!

I've used the fabulous Miss Your Smile stamps, and layering stencils once again - honestly I've used them MANY times since they arrived - this one combines the lovely colors from the PF Challenge combination again ... hope they like it!

I wanted to share a discovery - one that you may already have learned - about Distress Oxide inks.  Using an ink like Versa Clair for the outline stamping can be affected by the oxide inks, leaving them rather chalky looking ... here's a look at how I conquered the chalky look:

Before look:  after stamping with Versa Clair, and layering oxide inks:


Do you see the 'chalky' look of the outlines?  After applying TH Distress Micro Glaze ...  there's a visible difference to me!


I was then happy enough to complete my card... highlighting another of the Perfect Sentiments and that genius one-piece die, as I did with my first card, with one of the Braided Tags dies!  

OH have you heard the fabulous news???  Pinkfresh now sells their fabulous jewels in refill packs so you can pick your favorites, or refill those little jars!!  Now the next trick is finding them in stock!  Here's a link to those among my favorites!  I love the kraft stamping and layering with these colors - do you?




Thanks for dropping by - I'd love to know if you already knew about that glaze!

=]  Michele

23 comments:

HilaryJane said...

Thanks for the tip re micro glaze, not sure what that is but thanks for the tip anyway! Those flowers are amazing xx

Mac Mable said...

Glorious colour combination and thanks for the tip about TH glaze, it sure does make a difference x. What a beautiful card Michele x. Nope I didn't know about the glaze x.

Marcia Hill said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL card Michele, and yes, I can definitely see the difference when you use the micro glaze. The outline definitely stands out more and really makes your lovely colors shine!! You'll be seeing my version of this card tomorrow!! Hugs. :0)

conil said...

If this doesn't win, demand a recount. It is absolutely gorgeous. Your stencilling is perfect and those colors are simple beautiful together.
I didn't know about the chalkiness that occured when using Claire ink but it appears you knew just what to do to correct it. YAY for you.

Linda Callahan said...

Those layering stencils are fabulous and you know just how to make them shine! Amazing design!

nancy littrell said...

Thanks for reminding me, Michele...that I have that glaze, but have not used for ages...I even know where it is..lol! The glaze made a wonderful difference.
TFS the tip and your beautiful card. Sharing is wonderful, don't you think?!? Love and Hugs...Nancy

Cat Craig said...

Beautifully bold.

Jeanne said...

Beautiful card, Michele! Thanks for the micro glaze tip. I've used it before, but can't quite remember for what. I DO remember it helped make whatever I did much more vibrant. And it sealed it, too. ;) Anyway, your card is just lovely. I see that fun die in use again, too. Makes a lovely frame for the sentiment. Thanks for sharing! :)

Carol H. said...

Michele, that’s an awesome tip about the micro glass!! One of those “ why didn’t I think of that “ moments!! Thank you for sharing!! Love your beautiful card!!

sentsue said...

Great idea Michelle. I leave my floral image in my stamp platform and stamp it again with Versafine after the ink blending. I don't have the oxides but just die ink. Just gives you a crisp image again. Beautiful card!

Rachelle Oltean said...

WOW - what a great trick! I have some of the glaze but rarely use it! This will work perfectly! Thanks! Gorgeous color palette on this card!
Love - Red

Bobby said...

Guess I'm missing the boat. No layering stencil with an outline. No micro-glaze. I must be slacking. You on the other hand have been creating away and making beautiful cards with those stencils and die cuts and embellishments, Michele.

Bonnie said...

A definite difference with the glaze, Michele! It really brightens these beautiful blooms! Hope you're one of the winners, my friend!

lostinpaper said...

Isn't it fabulous how different a stamp can look coloured with different mediums, the 'chalky' look worked miracles here my friend!

Lindsey said...

Beautiful! And I don’t think I’ve ever even heard about the glaze...going to look it up to see what I’m missing out on because the results of using it are pretty amazing.

Lea Lawson said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks for playing along with our May challenge!

Lisa Elton said...

I Do see the difference and didn't know about the glaze! This is a real beauty, my friend. So lovely for a summer birthday!

Ros Crawford said...

No I didn't know about the glaze... I can see the difference. Fabulous card once again Michele!

TK said...

Beautiful card, Michele, and a wonderful a hah moment too! The colors and layered stamping sure is pretty. I knew about the glaze but more in reference to blending and artsy techniques but hadn't really thought about it for layers -- good news to be shared, so thanks!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Gorgeous blooms, Michele! The braided Tag die draws the eye to the sentiment. Thanks so much for sharing the Micro Glaze magic! ;-)
Hideko xx

JulieP said...

Gorgeous florals! I use the distress glaze quite often. Wonderful stuff.

Anita in France said...

Another beauty, full of delicious, vibrant colour, Michele ... the glaze sure made a difference to the definition ... and yes, these florals are just lovely with the kraft! Hugs, Anita :)

Barb Ghig said...

Thanks for reminding me to use my glaze...I always forget about this trick :)
Gorgeous flowers and I love how you placed the braided tag die...it showcases your sentiment perfectly ~ xx