Friday, May 21, 2021

Christmas Kickstart #50 - Santa and friends!


I have fallen WAY behind on my goals for my Christmas cards - thank goodness that I have the Christmas Kickstart Challenge to help me out!  I really find it hard to believe it's their 50th challenge - another reason to get a card made [or two].

Before I share my card, I want to give a shoutout to all the Scrapbookers out there - I jumped right into card making and really didn't know about the scrap-booking industry before that.  Very Big rock, and I was under it, I guess.  The reason I mention it, is that I hopped along at Instagram with Pinkfresh Studio yesterday and ogled all the gorgeous pages/layouts their team members, and guests made!  WOWZERS!  Scrapbooking has come a very long way!

I got out a few older sets of Pinkfresh design papers to push myself away from CAS design today - it is HARD!  But here is my card...  Santa has a new ride...


I'm quite sure these sets are no longer available, which is a shame because they are so fun!  In the original set, Santa is sitting on a bar stool - which I stamped and then promptly snipped it off, which left Santa in the perfect side-saddle position!  lol

A few layers of papers [December Days, and Felicity] cut with my stand-by PF Braided Tags dies - one snipped short - and it sits side-saddle, too!

I'd better get this over to Christmas Kickstart - and you should play, too!  We have 10 more days to get a card made and in the gallery here.   Plenty of time!

=]  Michele

Pinkfresh:  

Simple Joy stamps and dies  [I did find a few on ebay]
Festive Llama stamps and dies 
Altenew Speech Bubble dies

22 comments:

Barb Ghig said...

Such a fun Christmas card, Michele! It may be hard to mix and match those papers, but you make it look easy, my friend ~ Santa looks so cool hanging out with your llama and I love your layout!

Lisa Elton said...

Look at you getting all scrappy! Terrific layers, terrific card!

Cat Craig said...

You do layers very well, fun card.

Dotty Jo said...

This is great, Michelle! I love that your have Santa riding side-saddle on a llama - looks great! Thanks for joining Bonnie and me at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

Jeanne said...

Great job on this fun and cheeky Christmas card. Some done is better than none and I think you are doing great! Thanks for sharing this fun card.

Bonnie said...

Fa la la lol! What a fun Christmas card, Michele! Love the llama and Santa looks chill riding on him. He listens so intently as Santa reads this letter. So nice to see this in the gallery at CAS Kickstart!

Lin said...

Talk about a unique Christmas card - this one made me laugh! So fun, Linda!

Marcia Hill said...

This is definitely not your usual style, but Michele, you rocked it!! SO many fun details to look at on this card and I'm loving them all!! And why shouldn't Santa being riding (and be friends with) a Llama...he looks just perfect perched on the friendly guys back!! FABULOUS card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

conil said...

Aren't you clever...and what a darling Christmas card this is...surely a winner. I love the layers and the brilliance of you putting Santa on a llama, or is it an alpaca (never could get them straight). Looks like he's spending his off season in Peru.

lostinpaper said...

Yes, I am with you and find the more that I add the more I take away from a design lol. Scrapbookers are amazing how they can make something so large look cohesive, and yes, they have come a long way, it's very different now. ps your Santa looks very happy on his Llama, Brilliant lol.

Birgit said...

It looks like Santa was made to sit on that llama. This is so clever Michele. Love all the layers!

Viv said...

What a sweet fun Xmas card Michele, I love it ;) hugs Viv xx

Papercraft Boutique said...

What a fun card, Michele! Santa side-saddling on a festive llama! You're always great at combining patterned paper to make a great design. I can imagine you would be an awesome scrap-booker too.
Hideko xx

Kim S said...

This is SO cute!! I can't believe you put him on a llama - although a bar stool would have been fun too!

Ros Crawford said...

I tried scrapbooking a long time ago but much as I LOVE what people do, It wasn't for me. I preferred making little albums and still have a few treasured ones.
Your card made e smile this morning... What a hoot! Love the combinations of dies and papers not to mention Santa's outfit! LOL!

HilaryJane said...

This card is great fun, I love how Santa is so cooly sitting on the lama's back. He does look like he belongs there. I also love those different patterned papers, they definitely work really well together xx

TK said...

Cute and Fun! What a wonderfully fun addition to your stash, and so glad to hear I'm not the ONLY one WAY behind :o)

Anita in France said...

You pushed yourself away from CAS beautifully, Michele ... this is so fun! Who'd have thought of putting Santa on a Christmas llama ... you of course ... such cuties! Hugs, Anita :)

Linda Callahan said...

Santa looks very happy on that llama - adorable card! But I am intrigued by the thought of Santa on a bar stool.....

Rachelle Oltean said...

I'm WAY behind on my Christmas cards, too, and I need to get rolling! So happy to see this fun card up on your blog! This card makes me smile - nice mix of the seated Santa on the holiday LLAMA!
Hugs - Rachelle : )

JulieP said...

Love all of the layers and fun prints! I was a scrapbooker before switching to cards when the kids got older. This is such a fun card.

Bobby said...

This is unexpected and so much fun, Michele.