Monday, March 29, 2021

Pinkfresh Anemone Magic washi revisited!

There are tons of new things coming from Pinkfresh Studios today - yay!  But I'm a firm believer in using what you have first, in as many ways as one can!  So I am revisiting my Anemone Magic washi!

I love all the colors, and the bit of bling on this washi tape - it's beautiful!  But I was interested in knowing what would happen to those colors if I adhered it to something other than white card stock - you're about to find out!

First up: Navy -

Mounted on navy embossed panel - I toned down the glamorous side of this washi 
by using a more modern die-cut sentiment and enamel dots.

Next on vellum:

The vellum I used was 40# weight, so it took the washi beautifully.

Okay, you had to know this was coming... grey!

Do you remember that fun grey Poinsettia I made over the Winter?  My base panel here is
the remnant!  You'll see it's missing a few well-thought out negative spaces.  The Anemone
washi was adhered to the medium grey cardstock peeking out, not the darkest of the sentiment strip.
and yes, I do have several shades of grey besides these three!!

I also wanted to use some of the smaller arches that are part of that fabulous washi - so here is another look at those, adhered to white...


And now, my friends, I go back to my regularly scheduled loads of Monday fun!  Hope you have a fabulous start to your week ... see you again soon!

=]  Michele

Navy:  Anemone Magic washi, MFT After Midnight card stock, Altenew Modern Squares 3D embossing folder, Pigment Paper Company Dashing Sentiments stamps, and dies, Gina Marie matte white enamel dots.

Washi:  Anemone Magic washi, PF Braided Circles, Pigment Paper Co. Dashing Sentiments stamps, and dies, Lake card stock from Wplus9

Grey:  MFT card stock in steel, cement, and  grout greys.  [the pierced panel was a gift from my friend Lisa - thank you!] 

White:  Washi, PF Diagonal Stitched Plaid cover plate and Braided Circles, and Essential Jewels [still unavailable - maybe in April according to their team - you can sign up to receive notification]

19 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

Oh my gosh girl...these are ALL FABULOUS but the navy and gray are my favorites!! And the sentiment on the gray would be perfect to send to me because you miss me sooooo much, right????? I had just seen someone else do the washi on vellum too, so had that on my to-do list to try, but I'm really loving the colored cardstock the best! Lovely, lovely cards my friend! (Hope you're having loads of fun today!!) Hugs. :0)

conil said...

WOW! What a great Monday morning treat...you're really getting the best out of that washi. Think it looks beautiful on all the colors but the grey and vellum have my heart. Of course it didn't hurt that you added texture with embossing and unique backgrounds. Hope the laundry isn't to much of a load(s).

HilaryJane said...

4 truly stunning cards. It just goes to show how different you can be by mixing up the colours and layout. I think my favourites are the navy background - love that embossing folder, and the shades of grey. Your photo has picked p the shine from the washi beautifully. Keep them coming won't you? xx

Cat Craig said...

They are fabulous cards! I love the navy and the Gray makes me swoon. Great experiments.

Tracey McNeely said...

Of my goodness Michele, these are all totally professional cards. I wonder what Hallmark would charge for these works of arts--beautiful!

lostinpaper said...

Ho clever to change it up, the coloured cardstock really did make a whole new look, You are so clever and you make such beautiful cards Michele!!

Lisa Elton said...

I couldn't wait to see these after our chat the other day! Love that you experimented and shared the results along with the different floral arrangements. The gray and vellum are my favorites!

LeAnne said...

Holy guacamole! These are stunning!! I would be exhausted after creating all these...let that laundry go another day!

Linda Callahan said...

OK I had to google that washi tape! I am so behind the times here! The washi
tape is beautiful and you upped its game and made it gorgeous and then some! Fabulous cards!

Ros Crawford said...

Stunningly beautiful each and everyone! What a delight this morning... I particularly love the 'left over poinsettia' creation... Have a super day!

Birgit said...

These are all amazing Michele! I love the washi on all the colors you used, including the vellum. The colored cardstock makes a subtle difference on each one but oh, so beautiful! On a side note, are these all fussy cut? If so, hats off to you my friend! That's a lot of fussy cutting. Beautiful, beautiful post! Happy spring to you!

Jeanne said...

How fun to experiment and get such lovely results. I think the vellum one and the gray one are my favorites of the versions you made. You are always so good at stretching yourself creatively! Thanks for sharing. Oooh, that pierced background on the one card is beautiful, too. Thanks for all you share, Michele. Have a wonderful day. Hugs!

Bonnie said...

Their Washi tape is so pretty with the gold outlines and you have shown us so many ways to use it! Love each and every one! I'm having a time picking a favorite. I'm glad I don't have to!

JulieP said...

Pretty, pretty and more pretty!!!! I do think I love them best on the grey.

Mac Mable said...

Thank you for showcasing the fabulous washi tape on the different mediums Michele x. Modern first card, delicate and pretty second, Wow to the third...loving the grey and the creative way you used the poinsettia die cut background and a feminine and beautiful fourth card x. Spoiling us....Thank you x.

TK said...

Wow, what a LOAD of beauties here! Each is stunning and oh so amazing, Girl!

Anita in France said...

Oh my, Michele ... seems you have an unending supply of creativity ... these are all so gorgeous! Such a clever idea to try this yummy washi on different coloured card stock ... how it changes the look! I'm particularly partial to the grey ... and to the delicacy of the vellum ... lovely! Hugs, Anita :)

Papercraft Boutique said...

I love each one of these Anemone Magic Washi cards, Michele! It's so interesting that these beautiful flowers show you a different look, depending on the color of the cardstock underneath. Today's post is like watching a science experiment and I really enjoyed reading your description. The background variety is so interesting, too.
Hideko xx

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Fantastic collection of cards. I love all of them. Of course, I just received my new PF shipment, but have not used them yet. Now I will try some dark backgrounds. And other things you made me buy...