Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Crafting with Cat!

I spent an hour or more crafting with my friend Cat of Cat Luvs Paper, on Tuesday!  Well, not REAL in person crafting, but hey, I'll take any kind of time with friends these days!  Especially when I can see another face, and hear another voice!  

We always have fun, and more than a few laughs - though I'll tell you right now, Cat is way more organized than I am - it took me a bit of time off camera to complete my cards, while she completed two while we chatted!  yes, she's that good!

I had a blast, my friend - here is the first card using that panel I stamped during our chat - be sure to read the sentiment...

My daffodils were stamped and masked, and stamped again... until I got to the stems, it was 
going well... then I forgot to mask - ugh.  Nothing a few more flower heads couldn't cover up!

Okay I'm very happy to report I didn't have to start again!!! 
This is an Altenew set given to me by a friend [thanks, Bobby] 
but hadn't inked up yet.
MAN are there a LOT of layers to these little Build-a-Flower-Daffodils!
13 to be exact!!!  Well, I had to layer up one of the bigger ones, too... 
only 10 stamps to that one!  It sure does make a statement though, right?


A little help from a Stampin' Up embossing folder, a scrap of PTI Spring Moss paper, and that fun little Altenew Rounded Rectangles Die set, and done!

I love your company, Cat - we really should do it more often, right?  I can't wait to see your gorgeous Gerberas on the 'big screen!'  Thanks for sharing your time with me!

=]  Michele

The inks I used today were Altenew's Goldfish Tails set of inks!

22 comments:

LeAnne said...

These are BEAUTIFUL! But you always have a way with florals, no matter how many layers or what type!

Linda Callahan said...

That lineup of daffodils is prettier than a lineup of Rockettes! I can see them dancing across your card! Your friend Cat is good - I cannot craft and talk....I am a solo crafter....

Marcia Hill said...

These are both absolutely BEAUTIFUL Michele...you really do have a way with florals! And so glad you had fun with Cat...can't even imagine what this past year would have been like if one had no friends! Lovely, lovely cards and now I'm off to see what Cat did!! Hugs. :0)

conil said...

Did I ever tell you that my wedding bouquet was daffodils. If not, you know now. That's exactly what I thought of when I saw these fresh, Spring-y cards. So happy and hopeful...that's what Spring is all about and you've captured the feel. Lovin' how you enhanced them with the lovely green CS and your clever dry embossing. Fantastic.

Lisa Elton said...

One layer or ten, you always do them just right! These are oozing with spring and extra pretty!

Cat Craig said...

Michele I had such fun crafting with you! Reading your post brings back all he fun. I am loving that first card with the spatters in the back ground of those lovely daffodils. And. The sentiment is so appropos. Your big single bloom with the rounded rectangles and bit of textured card is another wow card. Love the cards and time spent with you.

lostinpaper said...

So very sweet Michele, these flowers are so happy!

nancy littrell said...

Two gorgeous cards using beautifully stamped and die cut daffodils, Michele. Love your CAS designs too. Your virtual stamping date with Cat sounded like so much fun. TFS your beauties, my friend. Love and Hugs..Nancy

Ros Crawford said...

I love daffodils and I love both cards... Terrific designs. So glad you had fun!

Jeanne said...

How fun! So happy that you got to craft with your friend. And look what all that joy brought us, two stunning cards! Thanks for sharing! :)

Bonnie said...

Your daffodils are so bright and pretty, Michele! I am amazed at the color layering on them. I've never had much luck with that. And I always get ahead of myself and forget a mask. I'm glad you were able to go on and complete two gorgeous cards!

Brenda said...

Wow, you ladies did well with your little crafty session! How fun! I love your daffodil cards Michele, they are so beautiful! Looks like a fun stamp and die set for sure. Love how dimensional they look with all the laying of inks/images. They are bright and fun! The second card looks like a daffodil growing up a cross, so beautiful. Hugs, Brenda

Bobby said...

So glad to see you use the daffodils, Michele. I love them standing in a row, like Mary, Mary. The arrangement on the other card is spectacular.

HilaryJane said...

I don't think I would ever succeed with so many layers! Both these cards are fabulous, love the spotty background on the first one and the lovely texture on the second xx

TK said...

Beautiful daffodils, and congrats on the win! Hey, anytime you can "save" a project, it's a SAVE!!! What a wonderful time, and I'm so happy for you both.

Mac Mable said...

Cat's Gerbera's on the big screen looked amazing and so are your daffodils Michele. Wonderful designs and great layering of those tons of layers x. What fabulous sentiments too x. Always good to craft with friends and I am sure you had fun with Cat x.

JulieP said...

Wow! Thirteen layers is a lot but the results are worth it. Beautifully done.

Tracey McNeely said...

Oh I rarely get anything completed when I craft with friends, but like you said the company, (even virtually) is wonderful! These are lovely!

Loll said...

Beautiful daffodil cards Michele. They are such a happy flower! Especially LOVE the texture of the green background strip on the second one. Really shows off the beautiful flower on top. xx

Papercraft Boutique said...

So glad to hear that you had so much fun zoom crafting with Cat! Your layer-stamped daffodils are so pretty! Love how you staged the flowers for both cards!
Hideko xx

Anita in France said...

Fresh, spring-like and lovely, Michele ... how fabulous that you got to create these at the same time as being together with Cat (I could chat or create, but not both at once!!). Hugs, Anita :)

Barb Ghig said...

You are a 'Master' with floral stamps and dies, Michele! I love how the trio of daffodils looks like they're dancing across your card and your embossed background on the 2nd card is amazing! Sounds like you girls had a blast!!! xx