Friday, April 17, 2020

My Father owns a grocery store... revisited!

Okay, friends.  I'm going to make an attempt to fix this post.  Let's just say I'm not ready to quit... yet!

There is a very good reason I'm trying so hard. Because there is a group of heroes that aren't among the healthcare workers that I would very much like to thank today... the grocers!  In particular, my own in-family grocers:  Son-in-law Mike, and my daughter Stacey, who own a well-stocked, everything-one-would-need kind of 'corner' grocery store out in a rural area.  They are working day, and night to keep their many neighbors well fed!  They are right there on the front line of those essential workers … this one's for you, my heroes!  Thank you for working those many long hours!!  Stacey, I think Cas-ual Fridays had you in mind when they wrote this sentiment:


Up next are a few fun cards I made using products from those generous small businesses who have kindly given us FREEBIES to use until we can start shopping again. - they help keep me smiling, too: 

Ellen Hutson - specifically Brandi Kincaid who designed this freebie


 Waffle Flower Crafts for their Health Heroes freebie:

 

Waffle Flower Crafts' freebie was designed by Cassie Loizeaux.  I printed enough for eight cards for a neighbor to give to the health care workers at the hospital where her husband is recouping without her.  She's been taking care of him for three or more years at home - just when she's needed most, she isn't able to be with him because of the quarantine at the hospital.  I used many of the sentiments JJ Bolton wrote for this freebie on the inside of my cards!  It's wonderful they have made a black and white, and colored version - even for the sentiments!  Update:  she loved them!!


Are you wondering how I made my masks?  My Favorite Things, happened to make the perfect die for my projects today!  Here's how I used the Blueprints 33 die to make my masks, and card base:

Create a side-folded landscape card from medium weight, 80# or less, cardstock.
Align the MFT Blueprints 33 die so that the cutting edge of the die is
OFF the edge of the card!

Now while these 'masks' may not provide safety, I hope they bring a smile to the faces of these hard working people!  I'll also be using them to thank the restaurant workers who provide ONE meal a week to my household:


Reverse Confetti sentiment
Inside:  Even though it's been so long since anyone has seen it!!
THANK YOU! for putting up with all of my trials, and tribulations with Blogger!!! 
=]  Michele  

26 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

And I'm wearing the smile YOU have given me with all of the SPECTACULAR projects you're sharing here! Oh Michele, your mask cards are beyond amazing. The recipients are truly going to love them. And the one for your daughter is a hoot!! I didn't know Stacey owned a corner grocery store... did I??!!

Joy Meadows said...

These cards do make me SMILE, Michele! Such fabulous designs and I am sure every recipient will love them.

Barb Ghig said...

Oh my goodness you are so resourceful and clever, Michele! I love the card you created for your daughter...Sounds like she has inherited her mothers' sense of humor :)

Thank you so much for the links to these awesome images and sentiments...I can't wait to print them and have a play! By the way, your masks are so cool and I'm so happy that I have this die...Barb xx

LeAnne said...

These are amazing (as are you!) and thank you for the links! I went right on and ordered both freebies!! How nice of these companies to offer them!

Bonnie said...

Your creativity knows no bounds, my friend! These masks are AWESOME! Much better than the real thing for bringing smiles! A fantastic way to say thanks for some very important people!

donna mikasa said...

These are absolutely WONDERFUL, Michele, and I'm smiling BIG from this post! Now I want to look for my MFT Die-namics and crank some out, too! Long distance hugs to you!

clelie said...

I loved the story...and I really appreciate the people manning our grocery stores!♥ I thank them whenever I can! However, I am not getting pictures of your cards, only a gray circle with a white dash inside???

Jeanne said...

Yay to your family for working so hard! I appreciate them, too! Unfortunately, I'm not seeing the pictures. :( Something goofy is happening, I fear. Hope it clears up soon so we can see your wonderful creations!

Luies Malvia said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Marcia Hill said...

Well I'm definitely wearing a smile now too Michele! What an amazing post filled with so much creativity and I'm loving it all! Your masks are so stinkin CUTE and I'm loving all the images and sentiments that were freebies...you've definitely used them well! And I didn't know that Stacey and her hubby owned a grocery store either...can they get me some tp?! JK!! Great post my friend! Hope you're having a great weekend and enjoying the sunshine!! Hugs. :0)

conil said...

Blogger appears to have a virus...I can't see you photos here but I did see some on IG. You have to be the kindest, most supportive person, ever, to make all these cards. Hope you daughter and her family are staying safe. She and her husband should be given a medal for all they're doing.

cm said...

Your cards and thoughtfulness see a combination of 'water eyes' and smiles happening! Not only are these ingenious creations, but your gesture to help your neighbour is simply...beyond! Heart warmed; heart melting! You are such an inspiration!
hugs~c

I Card Everyone said...

this is a test... only a test! lol

I Card Everyone said...

2nd times a charm?

Cat Craig said...

I'm so sad I can't see these hopefully they are IG. I get nothing but gray boxes with a circle and a dash in both google chrome and microsoft edge running windows 10. Even on my iphone just blank boxes. So sad...

TK said...

I bet they're adorable -- just wish Blogger would get their act together so we can see them. I even checked on my 'droid and they don't show there either! Hopefully they will fix this soon

Cindy H. said...

Add me to the sad list as I can't see your cards either. I don't have IG so unless the glitch gets fixed I'm just going to have to imagine your wonderful cards. I'm with you though on the need to thank the grocers and I do thank them in person when I shop. I don't know what we'd do without them!!

Heike said...

I so would like to see these, but they are grayed out.

Sheila H said...

I cannot see your cards either. Bummer!!

JulieP said...

We used to play that game on car trips. We always did it by alphabet. We still laugh at the time that we spent HOURS trying to figure out my little brother's item. His letter was R. We finally gave up. His item? Chocolate Chips. ROFLMBO!

Ivana Camdzic said...

I saw these cuties over on insta, and they are fabulous!!!! I love that your post is dedicated to your daughter and s-i-l! I salute them and all of the other heroes in the food industry keeping us fed..biggest hugs to them, and to you, sweet friend! xo

TK said...

I can see all those DARLINGS now! Love them, they're so awesome, and fabulous idea with that die (I might need it...)

Cat Craig said...

Oh Yay! So glad you were able to revisit and reveal these gems.

conil said...

AAAAH, success! Shows off what a generous soul you have. You're the bomb, girl.

Tracey McNeely said...

These are all fantastic Michele, these will be so appreciated! I downloaded the WF freebies but can't print because I kicked my inkjet to the curb and bought a laser. I need to go to staples for colour copies but they aren't open right now so colouring it is! Lol

lostinpaper said...

These are all so wonderful Michele!