Thursday, April 30, 2020

Inspired By #122... night, night!

Wait!  don't go to bed yet!  It's early morning, and time for Inspired By #122 … here's where the 'night, night' part comes from …


I don't know about you, but I am a bedding/linen/towel FREAK!!  You won't find me in the clothing section of any department store - nope, not me.  I'll be in the housewares section every time!  What I wouldn't give for pink gingham
sheets... gah!  Well naturally, I had to make a bit of pink gingham paper for my card!  Here's how it came out...


Did you spot that sweet little bouquet of bright daffodil-yellow blooms near the bed?  it was fun to combine it with the pink.  Pink just cozies up to so many colors so beautifully - something that surprises some folks.

Okay!  So what springs to your mind when you look at IB122?  Maybe you want to sleep on it?  Go ahead, as long as you come back and play along!  We look forward to seeing you in our gallery!

=]  Michele

Sugar Pea Designs: Buffalo check background stamp - stamped with Altenew Blush ink, and cut with MFT Wonky Rectangles die
Lawn Fawn Spring Fling pattern paper - cut with Spellbinders Chantilly Paper Lace die
Sentiment from Altenew's Leaf Canopy

This week's optional Sketch:

20 comments:

Becca Cruger said...

Pattern mixing like a pro! This card is absolutely adorable while being bright and cheery. As for linens the only ones that I care about are bottom sheets. Don’t tell anyone but I donate on my top sheets because I can’t stand them.

~amy~ said...

beautiful! Love all the coordinating patterns and colors.

Jeanne said...

I didn't know that about you, Michele. Lovely learning something new. That photo is so filled with cozy, isn't it? I love your card, too. The gingham looks wonderful and the pattern paper is so sweet. Love the senitment, too. Wonderful work! Makes me want to cozy on up to you and give you a hug. If I could, but I can't, so a virtual one will have to do! O :)

Marcia Hill said...

I'm totally with you in the housewares section Michele, and yes I would love to snuggle up in some pink gingham sheets!! (Not sure how Chris would feel about that though...) Sweet, sweet card and I love it all from the background, the floral frame and the pop of bright yellow! This is definitely a wake up!! card!! :0)

Linda Callahan said...

A beautiful mix of pattern and color.....you could design the displays at Macy's! Oh I do miss shopping for real.... you can't have lunch and gossip with Amazon!

Dotty Jo said...

I love the housewares section of any store! Great card, so pretty, Jo x

Cat Craig said...

Lovely inspiration from the photo, Michele.

conil said...

Oooooh! I feel the same way about housewares...love me some high thread count sheets, fluffy towels, table cloths, etc. And gingham has alway been a favorite pattern of mine...yellow (of course) gingham is hanging in my windows as I type. This sweet, fun and friendly card covers all the bases. Yes, naturally I did noticed the yellow bouquet.

Barb Ghig said...

Such a beautiful take on the inspiration photo, Michele! I love your pink gingham background and lovely floral pattern...you sure know how to mix patterns, my friend! AND, where to hang out in a department store...it's exactly where I love to go :)

LauraJane:) said...

LOVE this one!! Swooning!
I have more vintage flower Sheets and Pillowcases than I what to admit to :))) Closets full!!

There's a Q on your card..are WOKE?

donna mikasa said...

I just want to cozy up to your card! Brilliant take on the photo and yes! to pink gingham!

lostinpaper said...

Pink gingham gorgeousness Michele!

Lisa Elton said...

POLKA DOT SHEETS... I'm in!!! Your card just makes me happy, it's so darn sweet!!!

Ros Crawford said...

What a terrific card and such an amazing take on the photo! You rocked it lady!

Bonnie said...

That sweet, soft pink is perfect with the bright yellow, Michele! Love that color combo and I'm always drawn to gingham!

JulieP said...

Fresh country spring! Beautiful!

Nora Noll said...

You used pattern paper!!! WOW!! LOVE the layering you did and the color combo is fabulous!! And your sentiment is so on point!! FABULOUS card.

Anita in France said...

It sure is, Michele ... and your card is just delightful! The pretty floral frame filled with the yellow sprig is so sweet against the soft pink gingham! Homewares ... yep, me too (once upon a time) ... for hours and hours! Hugs, Anita :)

Papercraft Boutique said...

What a lovely combination of the patterned paper, Michele! Love the light pink gingham background!
Hideko xx

Danni Reid said...

I love all the colors in your card with a mix of patterns. This is such a cool card!