Thursday, April 2, 2020

CAS[E] this Sketch #366

Brian has a lovely layered Sketch for this week …
thank you, Brian! 
Meet CTS#366:


Those fabulous Stampin' Up people really know how to layer beautifully … me?  Not so much... but I gave it a go, using a few Pinkfresh Studio products today.  I'll be shining a light on a few of my favorite companies in the next few weeks - they are all deserving, and need us during these hard times.

 
The largest layer is PFS Braided Tag, which I partial-cut, reverse, and cut again so both ends would have the rounded edge.  The holes were die cut the same way... it might be
easier for you to imagine this if you could see the set here.

 
The second, and third layers were cut with
the oval labels from PFS Essential Labels set.
The midsize one was also cut with PFS Noteworthy Frames - so I could tuck in a few of their Dainty Blossoms … all patterned paper is from PFS Indigo Hills. 
A very appropriate sentiment 'dots the i' for this card for a friend... it comes from PFS Oval Floral Wreath.
 
That's it!  Hope you'll join us this week …
maybe highlight one of your own favorite companies? 
We'll love having you, and your view of Brian's Sketch!
=]  Michele

27 comments:

~amy~ said...

LOVELY.
The layers are beautiful and so is your design.

LeAnne said...

What a fun set of layers and dies---beauteous!!!

conil said...

Think your wrond about you layering abilities. This looks wonderful with the pps and shapes you chose. And those blooms are the perfect top layer.

Dotty Jo said...

This is beautiful - your layering is gorgeous, Jo x

donna mikasa said...

Super creative layering and that oval shape is just divine!
The "dot on the i" for me is that lovely bloom--perfection!

lostinpaper said...

Gorgoeus layering and DP choices my friend!

Cat Craig said...

You've done well with all the layers, fabulous card Michele.

Nora Noll said...

Already commented on this card on IG but had to post here too. This is so cool!! I love your braided rug idea. I will not buy that die, I will not buy that die....

Lisa Elton said...

I just love the way you've die cut, layered and tucked every pretty detail into this card!

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful layering and die cuts, Michele. TFS the link to the die...I had no idea what you were describing until I saw the die cut set. I loved all the different colors and textures of your card. TFS my friend. Hugs..Nancy

TaeEun said...

Is mustard becoming your next favorite color? It's beautifully layered with the pretty patterned papers! Love this, Michele!

Jeanne said...

Beautiful!

Marcia Hill said...

Your layering looks fine to me...in fact it's spot on with the whole design Michele! Lovely, lovely card!! :0)

JulieP said...

I love how you softened the hard lines of the sketch. AND used patterned paper! :-)

Bobby said...

You've softened the sketch beautifully with all the rounded edges and fabulous paper choices, Michele.

Cindy Beach said...

I always love your work and cheerful spirit, Michele! This post captures both. Beautiful layered card and a great idea to highlight companies!

Barb Ghig said...

I think your layering skills are amazing, Michele...and your card is gorgeous! LOVE your color palette and how you softened the lines on the sketch with your rounded edges, too! xx

Bonnie said...

You always find the neatest dies to tempt me with! Great take on this sketch!

Birgit said...

Oooh, I love this layered beauty Michele! The flowers tucked into that little pocket is genius. What a beautiful focal point on your sweet card.

Papercraft Boutique said...

You did a great job of partially die-cutting the oval, Michele! I thought you used one of those hemstitched dies. ;-P
I love how you tucked the dainty flowers in the middle oval instead of just layering three ovals. So pretty!
Hideko xx

Ros Crawford said...

This is gorgeous!! I love the colours and terrific design! Hope your are doing okay

Linda Callahan said...

Well this,layered up just fine! Beautiful card!

TK said...

Wonderful layers, Michele! Love that you made a pretty card and were brave enough to use that chartreuse-y green (I need to gt some bravery points from ya)!!

Anita in France said...

Lovely layers, Michele ... and such pretty pp ... what a gorgeous, delicate and dainty display! Hugs, Anita :)

HilaryJane said...

I just love all the little bits of detail in this. If you could keep looking at it you see new little detail like the little pieces left in the die cut flowers. A truly lovely card xx

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I can't even stand how much I love this... and once again, my cart runneth over.

Mac Mable said...

Glorious layering, beautiful die cuts and so contemporary and I love it x.