Thursday, April 26, 2018

Inspired By ... #17 - time to garden!


I must tell you that, though the temperatures are finally warm enough to garden, we don't dared to taunt Mother Nature until after Mother's Day - often Memorial Day, in Michigan! 

I had way too much fun today ... using Laurel's gorgeous photo.  I was inspired to create the idea of her apron, with a few pockets full of posies!  =]


Sometimes one card just isn't enough!  So I created a little chambray shirt  [and for those of you who know I've been searching for a buttonhole die - this little one from W&W's Take a Bow nearly does the trick!] and made my own little pearly heart buttons using a die, and glossy accents. 


It was fun playing with these Wplus9 Doodle Buds again!  This time, I stamped them with Versafine Smoky gray ink onto MFT's Primitive White cardstock, and did a bit of very simple coloring with Zigs.

Now.  you know we cannot wait to see your gorgeous gardens come to life on paper, so don't keep it a SECRET garden ... join us in the Inspired By gallery, won't you?

=]  Michele

17 comments:

Lin said...

How fun are these cards! Love them, Michelle!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh to have moment or two in that brain of yours!! Love the poise filled pockets you've created. That shirt is brilliant!!

Ivana Camdzic said...

So much the same here...We may get a day or two of fabulous temperatures, but there is always one final snow before the end of May! Looove these sweet pockets so much! The flowers poking out..ADORABLE!

ElizStewart said...

You are SOOOOO clever!

Patti said...

These are so sweet Michele! I love your take on this challenge. and I'm happy for you for the score! on this great buttonhole die!! : )

Cat Craig said...

These are darling cards Michele, and your imagination is fabulous. Love that mind of yours always bringing us such sweet cards.

donna mikasa said...

Love all the pocket-y goodness on both cards! So clever!

Sharron said...

Both are fantastic! Love your creative apron design and the sweet shirt. A pretty bloom looks so much better than a pen or pencil!

lostinpaper said...

Oh so fun Michele, I love those flower pockets!

Donna said...

Loving your pocket flower designs, Michele.
Cute and stylish. 😍

Jeanne said...

Excellent work, Michele! I am always amazed at your creativity. Wow! Thanks for being so you! :) hugs!

Bobby said...

I love how you can see that photo and create images that work so perfectly, Michele. I love all the stitching detail and of course those pearl buttons.

Michelle two Ls said...

Okay, my friend-I need a tutorial on this chambray shirt!!!! I LOVE IT! Both cards are adorable-I have this doodle buds set, I need to pull it out. Thank you for the fun inspiration.

Barb Ghig said...

I know I say it all the time, but you are so clever, Michele! Both cards are so sweet and I love how you created the button hole on the 2nd one...Loving those hearts, too!

Nancy Thomas said...

Loving the pocket cards!....and you used yet another stamp set I need to dig out and use again!

Linda Callahan said...

Ohhhh pockets of flowers! Sweet as can be! And oh those heart buttons ❤️

Danni Reid said...

LOVE your pockets on both cards, seriously rocked this challenge♥